View Full Version : Otto's Back!

Otto'sMom
12-18-2005, 02:28 PM
The Otto I currently have is back from the sitter. When she took him he was on pain meds and all that jazz from getting stepped on by Lucy, his ex sister (my ex boyfriend's dog, whom we visited at Thanksgiving) His xrays revealed a possible slipped disc and some calcification where he'd hurt his neck before. He was a hurtin pup.

Now, 3 weeks later, he's a little trimmer (due to the non tater tot, non cheeze stick indulging environment) and just as spritely as ever. Still on the pred, but we're going to go to the Vet Monday (hope they can fit me in) for a check up, but I think he's not going to need surgery. He's been off the pain pills and is acting just like the Otto he always is.

oceangirls
12-18-2005, 02:38 PM
OUCH - poor Otto!! We better send some rayz for continued improvement!:rayz: :rayz: :rayz:
I bet he was happy to see Mom, too. That probably helped!:hearts:

Otto'sMom
12-18-2005, 02:46 PM
I sure am happy to see him. I bugged my sitter 3 times, leaving messages on her cell phone asking for my pups back. I hate to be a pain, especially since she sits for so cheap and goes out of her way and all.

Yolanda
12-18-2005, 07:39 PM
It is amazing how much we wish the "little buggers" when we are gone. I know Otto is doing a lot better, now do not let him over do it. Especially in the joy of his seeing Mommy.

lotsadox
12-19-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm glad that Otto is doing so well. As Yolanda says "don't let him overdo it"

Patt
12-19-2005, 01:31 AM
:woohoo: sounds like Otto is doing good, sending more :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to keep him that way. :crossfin: :crossfin: for a good report from the vet on Monday.

Otto'sMom
12-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Over doing it would require him to be "doing" in the first place. He's not one to be zooming around, performing acrobatics from sofa to recliner. He's more the "Mom, why aren't you holding me yet?" and since Buddy isn't here right now, there's no extra curricular activities that'll throw out his back, if you get what I mean...wink wink, nudge nudge.

lotsadox
12-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Ah, yes, the basic "couch potato" dachsie. I have a couple of those although Bogart could better be described as a "bed potato". His main activity is guarding the bed from theft while we're at work! :D

Otto'sMom
12-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Otto got a clean bill of health from the vet today. All I need to do is keep Lucy's big feet off his back (ok, it was just an accident) and he's fine.
He was kinda a bad boy at the vet's. I took Grrt and Otto to get their nails trimmed, Grrrrt is always pretty stoic and I can let the groomer do it. Otto had to have at least 3 techs holding him and he tried to bite them! Even when they weren't touching his feet!