PDA

View Full Version : I Really Need Help!

mydachsies
12-18-2005, 05:17 PM
okay let me tell you what I am talking about.My sister lives in corpus christi tx. and just got a terrier mix 8wk puppy.She adopted it from pee wee sanctuary and noticed the dog was crapping boogery white stuff.When she finally examined the poop and noticed it was moving she called me right away.I asked her what it looked like and she said grains of white rice moving.I told her that it is most likely worms.I asked if the sanctuary gave her papers saying if it was dewormed and on preventive.She said it just had letters and dates on them.Yes,my sister is an idiot!She really doesnt deserve a dog but that is another story.She called the sanctuary this morning and they said bring it in and we will give it medicine.I told her to find a vet and still take it there afterwards.She actually listened to me and did that.She took the dog to the sanctuary and they gave it medicine and said she would be fine.They wouldnt even tell her what they gave her.Then she took it to the vet and they ran a parasite test and found hookworm and a parasite that starts with a c but I dont remember that well.They gave the pup medicine and told her she has to take it everyday for 10days.I looked up this pee wee sanctuary and it looks like a farm.My sister says they have goats and so many dogs in a backyard with not much shelter from the cold.What can I do about reporting them and to who.They are also adopting out the siblings to my sisters dog that are also sick.When my sister took the dog for the medicine and the sanctuary there were people looking at one of the siblings and my sister didnt say anything to the people.I would have told them that they are sick.That is just me though.I think these people are over there head with trying to "help"the animals.What do I do!!!!:mad2:When I lived in corpus I actually remember this place and it is ugly looking!Look at it yourself http://peeweespets.com/

Linus
12-18-2005, 05:24 PM
"Due to restrictions by the Nueces County Health Department, we are not accepting any animals at this time."

From that statement it looks like they have been, or are being, investigated. Another report of a sick animal being sold might not hurt. Then again, they might just counter saying most puppies have worms, etc., etc... If you are curious to see whether they have been reported, you could always call the HealthDepartment to see if someone has been out there.

Goob
12-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I would call the city managers office and ask them for some places you could report these folks.

Patt
12-18-2005, 11:09 PM
ITA it looks like the Nueces County Health Department is already on it. :appl: I wouldn't just assume that would be enough though I would call lots of people like the following. The Humane Society or Shelter, Better Business Bureau, City Zoning and AG Dept. local police dept. I'll bet anyone of these places would be happy to give you more people to call. Don't forget the saying "The squeaky wheel gets the oil" start those phone calls.. Good luck and keep us posted.

Gay Larsen
01-06-2006, 05:05 PM
ITA it looks like the Nueces County Health Department is already on it. :appl: I wouldn't just assume that would be enough though I would call lots of people like the following. The Humane Society or Shelter, Better Business Bureau, City Zoning and AG Dept. local police dept. I'll bet anyone of these places would be happy to give you more people to call. Don't forget the saying "The squeaky wheel gets the oil" start those phone calls.. Good luck and keep us posted.

The really sad part of this story is almost anyone that can write can apply to the IRS to become a Non-Profit Rescue or Sanctuary. At that time, everything they do becomes a "write-off" and any incoming monies become non-taxable. To legitimize their operation, they start taking in animals and the first thing to be dropped is appropriate vet care. The word you were looking for regarding the other issue the puppy was dealing with was cocciodiosis which grows in damp areas or where chickens are (they are carriers). We just went thru a terrible round with several contagious issues due to crossing the U.S. & back again with 7 dogs & stopping at all of the rest areas & using the designated dog facilities. I think it is very "tellling" that they wouldn't even tell your sister what they gave the puppy. Good to note that the Health Dept. has "their number" so to speak. :appl: GAY