View Full Version : Doxie's eat anything !

SILVERDAPPLEMOM
07-31-2006, 09:54 AM
Okay, I know that doxie's love to eat, but I never thougth that they would eat everything !!

Saturday, I had never been so scared! My husband and I went over to a house that we are selling to do some cleaning and paint. I brought both of my dogs. (one is doxie 6 mos and the other is a 9 yr. Amstaff.) I was going to let them play outside but is was just way to hot out.

I had just begain to start painting in one of the bedrooms and I had closed the door to keep the kids out, but my little man some how (with that great nose of his) got the door open enough to get in... Before I even had a chance to tell him NO he went and took a BIG lick of the paint!!!

I grab him and ran as fast as I could to the sink take'n my shirt and wipping out his mouth as I ran. I washed his mouth out and then called the vet's office to see if I needed to bring him in. they said he would be fine but to watch and make sure is didn't have a reaction to the latex.

He is fine but I learn a great leason!!!

Tex
07-31-2006, 10:00 AM
OMG how scary!!!! Glad he seems ok!!!!! Licking paint...:yuck:

Rae
07-31-2006, 10:21 AM
how scary- and yucky! good job on the mouth wiping and vet calling. those snoots can get them in just about anywhere, can't they?

Otto'sMom
07-31-2006, 11:42 AM
I thought I had it bad when Austin put his tail in the paint.:shocked: Wonder what it tasted like?:scratch:
When I took Otto home to meet the family, my eldest brother was sitting next to me and feeding Otto napkins soaked in gravy when I wasn't looking:rolleyes:

SILVERDAPPLEMOM
07-31-2006, 11:55 AM
I can't imagin what it tasted like ? All I know was my heart about jumped out of my chest!! I was soo freaked that I was shake'n as I was calling the vet. My husband couldn't beleive how fast I was. He said it was like mommy mode took in (by the way I have no childern, my dogs are my kids) and he didn't even have a chance to jump in to help.

jenfer
07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Arg. That sure sounds scary. And I have to agree with you that they do TRY to eat anything.

SILVERDAPPLEMOM
07-31-2006, 12:00 PM
LOL! The things we learn ! when we "think" we know what to expect!

areese
07-31-2006, 12:01 PM
PAINT!!??? How silly is that.... Thank goodness for your fast reflexes!!!!

Linus
07-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Mommy Mode is POWERFUL!! (You just don't mess with it...) Great reflexes! :appl:

I'm glad there were no ill effects from the paint.

In the little one's defense, depending on the paint color it could have looked like a really yummy treat...you would think that the smell would have been a deterrent though :scratch:

Patt
08-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Oh my that is very scary. :shocked: Thank goodness for your quick reaction. I hope he's doing okay. :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

JanUet
08-01-2006, 07:02 AM
:holyshp: Quick thinking there Mom! :scared1:

He probably thought it was a refreshing drink. :eek:

What coloUr was the paint?