PDA

View Full Version : Vet discounts for fosters

SusanF
12-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Some friends of mine have begun to foster a sweet dachsie. Theya re looking for a vet in our area that will give them a discount for vet services as they will be fostering others along the way. What is the usual percentage of discount to expect from a vet for his/her services?

Courtney
12-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I think it will vary depending on the vet. I think our rescue vet in Austin gives a 20% discount on the total cost. I know we've used other vets that give 45% or 40%. I'm not sure of the percentages for the vet we use in DFW but things are cheap, fecals are $6, neuters $35, and we get 30% off all meds. It will just depend on how "rescue friendly" the vet is!

Goob
12-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Did you tell your friend about the DLC??

What's the dachsie's name?

Patt
12-18-2005, 11:40 PM
I think it's around 20-30% here (CA). Agree, definitely find a vet that is rescue friendly as not all of them are. Good luck.

Schroeders Mom
12-19-2005, 11:20 AM
My vet clinic gives us a 40% discount on rescues and they are the best! They just fuss all over my fosters :cheer2: and make sure they are all well taken care of. I won't go any place else. Good luck!

SusanF
12-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the info. The dachsies name is Beaner and he is one fat guy! he is on green beans and his name will be just right for him then!
They are going to be fostering as much as they can so hopefully they can find a freidnly DR who is into rescue. Thanks again for your help.