PDA

View Full Version : Tissue alert - story on pit bull seizure

Courtney
08-01-2006, 12:44 AM
This is a long story, but so well-written. It is absolutely heartbreaking but it needs to be shared. I would like to email the reporter and thank her, once I stop crying.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/07/30/Floridian/Kennel_trash.shtml

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/webspecials06/pit-bulls/index.shtml

Jacqueline
08-01-2006, 01:29 AM
This story is a tear jerker, and there must be a special place in hell for the owner and breeder of these dogs.

Tomorrow I am taking the paperwork down to animal control that will hopefully convince the guy across the street to give up his dog. He told me that it was raised to be a fighter, but he took it out of that environment when it was six months old. He says it is okay with people, but just hates animals. See, that's the problem....he just doesn't get it that it is not okay to train a dog, any dog, to kill other animals. He doesn't see that it is a problem that his dog still tries to do it....and may seriously hurt or kill a person who gets in the way of that goal.

There needs to be some way to control the people who get these dogs and raise them. Maybe instead of making the owners of dangerous dogs pay the $1500 licence fee for a pitbull, all the people who want them should have to have the special licence, and take courses and pass them?? Obviously this is an ongoing problem, and it is not fair to the animals, or their victims.

Patt
08-01-2006, 11:33 AM
What a sad, sad story. :sad1: I could only skim the last part, :sosad: :sad1:. I'm thrilled Donna took Lola in, I wish they could have adopted out more but I do understand the problem. All those sweet dogs including Grandpa being PTS is horrible.
Hewitt Grant and people like him should be shot!

Thanks for posting and keeping us aware of what is happening around the country.

Linus
08-01-2006, 12:51 PM
That was the saddest thing I have ever read...

I hate people.

JanUet
08-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I had to walk away from my computer 8 times while reading this story.

I am so upset and quite :mad2:

Why are there people on this earth like Hewitt Grant? Why?

I am still so emotional after reading this story. My heart aches for all those pupperz.

:thankyou: Courtney for sharing this story with us :hug99:

It REALLY gives you a REALITY check!

mydachsies
08-01-2006, 03:50 PM
This is a reality check! It took me an hour and a half to read it.I cried so much.:sosad: Around my neighborhood you see so many teenagers walking their pitbulls hoping they have a fighting encounter.I wish that man and people like him would just burn in hell and be starved.I hate these people!

Frzframe
08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
I couldn't read it all so I gave up plus I am at work and don't need anyone coming in seeing be bawl. It's so sad those poor pups and I know it's hard to accept but they are better off not having to live such awful lives. I wish they all could have been members of loving families instead of where they ended up with some evil money hungry man. :(

Otto'sMom
08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the tear jerker, I needed to rinse the chlorine from my eyes. I never will be able to understand how anyone can be so clueless: "oh I had a nice yard" with 139 dogs in it. Said it before and I'll stand by my statement: People Suck So Hard.