PDA

View Full Version : Hempstead Field Trial Report

Sophie and Lili's Mom
12-19-2005, 12:59 AM
It was a stressful week for us. My mother's sister died. My husband had a code release at midnight Friday night AND one of his support people accidently deleted 400,000 lines of data... This caused us to miss the Saturday Field Trial and I considered skipping Sunday too so that there would be a little less stress, but 1) I really wanted to go 2) I needed to pick something up from Karen and 3) I needed to drop something off for another participant...so at 6 on Friday night we left Austin for the hotel in Brenham (closest hotel to the grounds with internet and Michael had to do some more work). After he was done working we played around a bit on the laptops and suddenly it was 2 am. We quickly hit the hay but in the next hour, the fire alarm went off twice. Ugh! Then the 5 am wakeup call came far too quickly. We drug ourselves out of bed, checked out and headed for the grounds. We arrived before 7 (a requirement). We sat out in 40ish degree cold for roll call and bracing. Then they ran the trial. They ran Dogs first ( the dogs are referred to Dogs and Bitches, which is correct terminology). We were totally slackers and instead of going and beating for the Dogs, we went back to the car and napped for a couple hours. Finally around 11 they started Bitches. We hit the field to wait for our Braces to run (Sophie was in Brace 5 and Lili was in Brace 7). The girls ran in their respective Brace but we are not seasoned enough to have had an idea how good they might have done. So, since they do not announce any of this until the end of the Stake, we stayed on the field until the OAAB Stake was ready for Second Series. All we wanted was for the girls to have fun (and they did) and we were considering this practice for the rest of the season. Well we got an exciting surprise. Lili was called back in First Place and First Brace and Sophie was called back in Third Place and Second Brace. Lili did fabulous in her Second Series Brace but I fell and distracted Sophie during her Second Series Brace. The end result of the Field Trial for us was...

In her first ever placement... LILI GOT FIRST PLACE in OAAB STAKE!!!!

http://www.weareb.org/~penny/Dogs/Field%20Trials%2012-18-05/Lili%201at%2012-18-051.jpg

http://www.weareb.org/~penny/Dogs/Field%20Trials%2012-18-05/Lili%201at%2012-18-052.jpg

and

In her third time to place SOPHIE GOT FOURTH PLACE in OAAB STAKE (her other two placements were also Fourth).

http://www.weareb.org/~penny/Dogs/Field%20Trials%2012-18-05/Sophie%204th%2012-18-05.jpg
In short (ok...not so short) we are thrilled. The girls had fun which in itself is thrilling and the ribbons are a bonus! We are so proud (as it really is all about what they can do, we have never trained) and all of us are on Cloud 9! Well, they are currently sleeping on the cloud but they deserve it.

Karen has her own report she needs to make...

Pokeys Mom
12-19-2005, 01:29 AM
First, I am so sorry about the stressful events of your week. :hug99:

Second,
:toot: :congrats: :toot:

Way to go Miss Lili and Miss Sophie!! :banana: :hula1:

How fun and exciting for both of them. You all must be so proud!!

Patt
12-19-2005, 03:19 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss and your stressful week. :bighug:

:cheer2: Congrats :cheer2: to Lili & Sophie for a great finish. :1jump: :bounce8:

oceangirls
12-19-2005, 07:02 AM
A well-deserved celebration after all that stress! :faint:

Way to go, pretty girls!!:cheer2:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Congrats to the pretty girl.

lotsadox
12-19-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm so sorry you had such a stressful week, but a big :congrats: on your field trials successes.

Mama S.
12-19-2005, 12:50 PM
:cheer2: WHoo hooo :cheer2: GREAT time for the ladies!!
SAndi

Lisa
12-19-2005, 10:03 PM
:way2go: :congrats: :way2go:

That is so awesome that Miss Lili and Miss Sophie did so fantastic :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am really sorry to hear about your aunt though, and Rafi groaned like only geeks can when he heard about the deletion of the code (I think it's the equivalent of guys being kicked in the :bleep: )

Happy your weekend ended much better than it started! :banana: :banana:

SusanF
12-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Congrats on the outcome of the races and they did wonderfully! However Ia m sorry to hear of the events preceding it and hope all goes better this week. keep us posted on their progress in their future field trials.:cheer2:

JanUet
12-20-2005, 11:04 AM
:way2go: Lili and Sophie!

:congrats: on your placements and Beautiful Ribbons!

Sorry to hear about all your stress. But in the end.......all worked out well!:hearts:

Please accept my condolences about your Aunt.:sosad: