PDA

View Full Version : Guess what our houseguests said about Oscar!

Kerie
08-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Our friends who moved from NY to NC are back for a visit and they are staying with us for a few days (check out my other post w/ pics of their dog playing with Oscar). They said that there is a "night and day" difference, for the better, in Oscar's behavior since they last saw him a few months ago. They noticed that he doesn't bark his head off anymore, doesn't jump on people as much, etc. Notice I said that he doesn't jump on people as much-so he still does it sometimes. We showed our friends how we can now put down his food bowl and make him wait a minute to eat. Oscar used to jump up and try to grab the bowl as we were filling it with food.

Still, to me he is the same Oscar. I live with him everday and the changes seem so subtle to me. It was shocking to hear people say that it is a "night and day difference." Before they said it, I was not seeing it that way at all and I thought I was destined to have the most ill mannered dog on the block. He is still feisty, but I like that sometimes. I guess I needed another perspective on how he is doing.

For those who don't know/don't remember, we have been working with a private trainer on some issues that Oscar had. We also had him neutered. Oh, and BTW, I now have another reason to be glad we had him neutered. Because there is a chance that he had a seizure 2 weeks ago, I'm glad that he didn't get to pass that on to any offspring.

:appl: :appl: for my little boy!

Jen
08-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Excellent news!! Kiss that sweet boy a kiss from me!

And :congrats:, its nice to see all of your hard work has really paid off!

Otto'sMom
08-03-2006, 04:26 PM
It's always good to hear that someone thinks your "kids" are doing well in the behavior department. Way to go, and good job on getting him fixed!

Lisa
08-03-2006, 05:01 PM
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: WTG Kerie - all your hard work is paying off! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

areese
08-03-2006, 05:05 PM
That must have made you feel really good :)

Kerie
08-03-2006, 05:27 PM
We had a friend over last week and he said the same thing but I thought he was just trying to be nice. So now that more people have said it, we feel good. :hula1:

catstamm
08-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Awwwww what a precious, good boy!!!!

K2
08-03-2006, 06:29 PM
:congrats: It's always great when someone else notices just how hard you've worked. Kiss your little boy and give him an extra treat from me. Way to go Oscar!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Patt
08-04-2006, 01:06 AM
:way2go: Oscar, Keri and Scott too. :banana: :banana:
That is wonderful update. You should be very proud, you've all done a great job! :appl: :appl: Keep up the good work.

Tex
08-04-2006, 07:26 AM
:congrats: to you and Oscar!!!!!!!:appl: :appl: :appl: