PDA

View Full Version : shedding

lovily
08-04-2006, 04:23 PM
ok so like most every other dog mine shed, i'm not looking for a cure but something that may reduce it, i'm ok with the hair everywhere but maybe a little less in quantity, is it because of what they eat (science diet) i don't remember what my parents fed our doxie growing up but i don't remember her shedding this much, if i hold chloe i have little white hair all over everything it looks like i have a cat. also maybe whatever i can do to reduce the shedding might help with my allergies but i'm not too worried about that.

Bella's Mom
08-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I put a squirt of Grizzly Salmon Oil in Bella's food everyday. She still sheds but not as much as before and her coat is really soft and shiny.:cheer2:

Lisa
08-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Salmon Oil here too! I used to pop the caplets and squirt it on their food, but after ruining many a top, I just tossed it on the floor one day and they ate the entire thing no problem.

Patt
08-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Chloe could be stressed from her illness, which could cause her to have hair loss. If she is losing more than normal I would inform your vet on the next visit. ITA with the suggestion of Salmon Oil, I’m sure it will be helpful it she doesn’t have any other medical problems.

If you want to change her food, here is a link that lists the top dog foods. If you do decide to change foods, be sure to do it gradually to eliminate tummy upsets.
www.dogaware.com
I use Wellness or Innova dog food. If you feed a higher quality you do not need supplements.