PDA

View Full Version : Awarded Best In Show!

Otto'sMom
12-19-2005, 02:50 PM
For training a human to do thier bidding: The dachshund!

We've all been trained by our doxies to do things that non pet owners would just roll their eyes at. What's the list of things that would make you win "best trained human" award?

My list:

I can eat a meal with dog hair in it without batting an eye.

I can share my Crystal Lite peach tea from the same glass as dogs.

I will drive to Sonic and purchase hamburgers specifically for dogs.

I will run to the emergencey vet at a moment's notice with no idea how I'm going to pay for it at the slightest hint of injury.

My grocery bill often is lopsidedly dog food and treat related than it is people food related.

I will spend 15.00 bucks on a little jacket that they'll never wear with no problem, but can't bring myself to spend that on a new pair of pants for work.

I will sit contorted at my desk and type in the most awkward position just so two can sleep on my outstreached and soon to be aching legs.

I bought an SUV specifically so I can tote all of them around.

And the most shameful of all: I bought a strange dog Christmas presents before I bought any of my family members or friends.

All for the love of doxies!

lotsadox
12-19-2005, 02:58 PM
That's a good list! I too can eat food with dog hair in it. I also:

Feed my dogs off of the same fork I eat from.

Bypassed buying a Corvette convertible in favor of a coupe because there is more room for the dogs.

Make/buy blankets and afghans specifically for the dogs before I buy a new blanket for my bed.

Buy the best food for my dogs, but will eat hamburger myself.

Have sacrificed my backyard to Scooter for his own personal excavation (I'm convinced that he's going to be an archeologist when he grows up). :D

For the love of dachsies!

Otto'sMom
12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
I was inspired to start this thread by Grrrrt's stealing my spoon as we were sharing macaroni and cheese.

JanUet
12-19-2005, 03:15 PM
For the love of Dachsie's I have:

Shared my Candy apple that I purchased at a Carnival, and I saved it just to do so!

Made them their own bowl of Jiggling Jello (just to see if it really jiggles for dogs too)

Asked them if they wanted to share a Milkshake with me or just had them stick their nose right in the glass and slurp for themselves.

Took out a purple popsicle to have on my own and NOT even get a lick in myself!

Felt bad cuz I didn't think they would ever get to experience child like behaviour by eating Whipped cream straight from the can! And now 1 of them has!

We sleep in a Double bed and I gladly sleep on the very edge just so they can have room to sprawl out....Cuz really, they are the ones that have to go to work in the morning!

Have them taste test EVERYTHING I bake!

We don't have a life cuz If we go out.....We have to be back in a few hours
to let them out for a potty break!

If you don't believe any of this......I have pictures for proof!

Gosh YA just gotta love the Dachsie!

Anatresia
12-19-2005, 06:14 PM
1. LICKED an ice cream cone, then passed it over for their turn.

2. Sniff the dogs' anuses to see which expressed it's anal glands- yeah, that's something I'm not proud of.

3. Didn't kill Mr. Butters when he ate holes in every set of sheets- over and over again- even the good 400 count red ones that I love. Or when he ate his own fleece blankets (any fabric is interesting to him, I guess) or when they ate their brand new $25 crate liner the first day I left them in it. Or... you get the picture.

4. Three words- VOMIT IN BED

5. Threw out TWO dining room carpets in two years and switched to hardwood floors in two rooms of my house to avoid "accidents" when it's raining.

Linus
12-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Oo! I have some!

1. Continuously tape the laptop power cord that was chewed in half by a foster.

2. Keep the Resolve carpet cleaner compan in business.

3. Stood outside for an hour in 30 degree weather to take my "child" to "school' on three different occasions.

4. Skipped class because my "child" was losing every meal he had ever eaten all over my carpet, and sat outside with him for 3 hours while he emptied himself (in 100 degree weather).

5. Sacrificed 2 pairs of my favorite shoes to a foster who "didn't get enough to eat."

6. Spent my last ten dollars in the world to trim my child's nails so he wouldn't have problems.

7. Stared at my child's rear end while he potties to make sure everything is coming out ok.

Oh, I know there are more than this... Great thread!

Otto'sMom
12-19-2005, 07:55 PM
2. Sniff the dogs' anuses to see which expressed it's anal glands- yeah, that's something I'm not proud of.

You are HARD CORE:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Best I can say is that the smell doesn't really gross me out. Otto expressed himself all over my bare arms while I held him shopping at Lowes.

oceangirls
12-19-2005, 08:06 PM

It's okay Tracy. You're not alone. It's either check, or chase after both of them with a Baby Wipe. :rolleyes:

About the only things I do not do that you have mentioned is buying them clothes or feeding from my plate. But I may have let a dog or two lick my beer bottle halfway through.

Also, flipping two puppies upside down so your husband can see which one is damp and identify who needs to be watched closely and who already piddled on the carpet. :D

Jen
12-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Two words "dingle removal"!

I cut my shoulder length hair to 1" long to avoid those long hair based dingles (Tasha thinks something is attacking her)! It works, but I'm thinking of growing it out...so, we may have that problem again in the future.

jenfer
12-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Spending my christmas money on her.

Every 5th bite of my food, the 6th bite goes to her.

hmm... that's all I can think of right now. heh.

Fluffy
12-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Two words "dingle removal"!

I cut my shoulder length hair to 1" long to avoid those long hair based dingles (Tasha thinks something is attacking her)! It works, but I'm thinking of growing it out...so, we may have that problem again in the future.

I'm with you on that one Jen! I always have a tissue in my pocket when we go outside!!