View Full Version : Eyes

Romandachs
08-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Yesterday I spent a few hours at the clinic. Took the girls down, took my baby girl down that I picked up in Memphis for a CBC and went to lunch with my Hubby, my Son and his soon to be wife. When I got home I stopped by the back fence to talk to the boys. (Dylan, Suiter, Stoney and Dirks) I noticed that Suiter was closing his left eye and not wanting to open it. It had a little bit of gunk in the corner of it. I also had friends that came to the clinic to have some work done and they stopped by and actually gave me a ride home from the clinic, Needless to say I was busy and I had to bring the dogs in that I had taken to the clinic, get the girls settled in and then Cinder started labor and I was a BAD Mommy and forgot to get Suiter and look at his eyes. I went out to the van a few hours ago and talked to the boys again then remembered Suiter's eye and called him over to look at him. His eye was no longer squinting shut but this is what I saw! :shocked:

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL959/4873249/11972506/174715197.jpg
My husband says he has Uveitis, likely from trauma or foriegn particles (ie it is terribly dusty here!) This IS the actual look of his eye, it isn't a "Flash" eye.

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL959/4873249/11972506/174715198.jpg
This IS a flash eye, however, the flash allowed the pupil to reflect light through the fluid that is filling the external part of his eye. If you look you can see the "bubble" of fluid.
So here is a little warning for procrastinators and forgetfullness. If you see a problem tend to it NOW. Suiter may end up blind, get glaucoma or cateracts due to my short period of neglect.:sosad:

:sad125: Suiter can you PLEASE forgive Mommy?? :sorry:
Please send him some healing :bigrayz::bigrayz:

Otto'sMom
08-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Thank you for sharing a hard lesson learned. :hug99: for you and eyeball :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Suiter

Frzframe
08-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh no poor little boy. Of course many :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: on their way.

JanUet
08-05-2006, 09:36 PM
:omg: Beckie! How long was his eye like that before you had time to notice?

Is he in any pain? Dang! It looks sore!

Sending Suiter many many :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
and a big :whack: to Mommy! :sosad:

Tex
08-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Oh so sorry to hear this. Sending mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: !

Patt
08-06-2006, 12:13 AM
OMG poor Suiter. Sending the DLC magical healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I hope his eye will be okay.

HotDogMama
08-06-2006, 03:23 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Suiter... poor thing! :hug99: for mama!

laura
08-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Poor Suiter! Thanks for sharing your lesson learned!

Puppen
08-06-2006, 04:12 PM
THIS is Exactly what I found Fawna with THIS very Morning!!! And it's Sunday And I've tried to find a vet on call but Nothing! What should I do??

Patt
08-06-2006, 05:31 PM
If Fawna is a senior perhaps it is cataracts. If no E-clinic available you'll just have to wait until tomorrow and be at the vets first thing. I would not attempt to treat her eye yourself, doing so could makes things worse. Fawna needs to be evaluated by her vet as to what her eye problem is exactly.

Sending lots of eye :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Fawna.

Romandachs
08-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I would flush the eyes with a Sterile Normal Saline solution (is: contact lens soaking solution that is just Normal Saline) I would get a tube of Natural Tears drops or ointment and call your vet first thing in the morning. Suiter is on a Triple Antiobiotic Ointment that has Dex in it, as well as a pain reliever and an oral Antibiotic. The fluid level has went down in his eye by about half in 24 hours. I also have him crated and he went outside today for a few hours but has otherwise been crated to prevent further irritation to the eye and to allow him to "rest" for proper healing.
I would definately flush the eyes and apply the Natural Tears. Neither will do damage and if there is foriegn material causing problems it might help flush the irritant out. Otherwise, any other attempt at treatment may cause damage because you need a proper examination and treatment plan.

alfina
08-06-2006, 11:11 PM
When I was taking our bulldog to a vet ophtalmologist, she said that saline solution dries out eyes. So, you have to be careful with it. If you suspect that your dog may have dry eyes, NEVER use saline solution. Use eye wash solutions.