PDA

View Full Version : New neighbor with bad dogs

Frzframe
08-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Not me but my parents have new neighbors and they have two GS. They are people friendly but they are animal aggressive and one has killed a poodle. :( These people know this but still have let their dog (at least one of them any way) run around while they are outside. My dad was out talking to the man and the dog was running in my parents backyard. He did not listen to his owner and did not come when called. My dad has been watching the Dog Whisperer and when this dog came running up to him he totally ignored it and he finally sat there just looking at my dad. His owner was amazed because he never does that then when my mom went outside he ran up onto the porch and tried to go into the house. :faint:

The neighborhood as a lot of dogs that are put out on tie-outs (chains) and Charlie is allowed to roam around in his yard (he's very good and never strays out of it) but now everyone has to be on alert more so then usual because of these dogs and their owners. They are supposed to be putting up a fence but when it the question. My mom is going to have a heart to heart talk with them and let them know they are to keep their dog out of their yard but since it's already been running free I don't think it's going to help. So instead Charlie won't be allowed out much because even if he's on a tie-out whats to say those dogs won't come over and attack him. :(

Oh yeah I told my mom that she needs to tell them that when those dogs are out they need to be muzzled.

lotsadox
08-07-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm so :sorry: that your parents have sucky new neighbors. Hopefully, they will try to contain the dogs, but I think from what you've said that's unlikely. :sosad: Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

areese
08-07-2006, 04:49 PM
My neighbors have a dog they've been letting run loose and I think what happens is then the dog thinks that all the property it runs on, is his. He used to be friendly but I could tell him to go home and he would. NOw he is territorial about MY yard and goes after me, barking and lunging when I'm on my own porch. But it's a rat terrier...if it was a GSD I'd be REALLY upset.
My parent's dog was killed by 2 GSD in their own front yard (he was tied out) and my friend's sh*tszu was just attacked by one at a dog park. Picked up and shaken. He did not die, thank dog, but it was bad and it has affected him mentally and emotionally as well as the physical wounds. I have nothing against the breed of course but they are big dogs and can do a lot of damage and it sounds like these have a history already. They definitley should not be allowed to run around loose. And it can't be legal....If it continues, I hope your parents and other neighbors call animal control right away. I'd hate for any other dog to be hurt.

Lee Anne
08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
My first thoughts were "Baseball bat." or "Boot to the head." But... those are all bad. I would just put in a call to animal control. Can they do it anonymously?

Tex
08-07-2006, 05:35 PM
ITA with what's been said already. Glad your dad had the good sense to ignore the dog......sending mega neighbor :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your parents!

Patt
08-07-2006, 06:20 PM
:sosad: this is a horrible situation, usually nothing is done until something bad happens.
Can your parents put up a fence? Seems that would be the only safe way to protect Charlie. :scratch:
I would never put Charlie on a tie-out that is definitely asking for him to be attacked. JMO

Frzframe
08-07-2006, 06:28 PM
They can't right now because their yard is huge and can't afford what would keep these two dogs out. :( Charlie will not be out unless someone is with him like always but that is still very scary for me since these people just let their dogs run when they are outside with them. And since we know the dogs do not obey their masters commands it makes it even harder for other neighborhood dogs to be outside. :(