PDA

View Full Version : My dogsitter's story

alfina
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM
So this morning I had all intentions of bitching out my housesitter/dogsitter. But after what she told me...

Basically she neglected my warning about Sabrina. And Sabrina got to Sofie once again. She latched onto Sofie's ear and nobody could get her off it. Her husband happened to stop by and he witnessed it. He was in shock and not much help. Sofie was screaming and what does sitter do?? She sticks her hands in frnt of Sofie trying to open Sabrina's jaws. It didn't work well. Sofie had no skin broken but my sitter had 4 stiches on her finger, her arm was black and blue and she had to get a tetanus shot. Doctors from ER called a sheriff, etc. She says she didn't give the name of the dog or any other info but they did give her a form to file a report with the animal control.

And it was not Sabrina who did all that damage to the sitter. It was Sofie because this stupid woman stuck her hands in front of her. Why is it people do not listen when you tell them something? Why do they think they are smarter and know better? Now she told me that she realizes I was right and she should have been more careful about having the Sofie and Sabrina out at the same time.

The bottom line is I have liability situation now on my hands. I am going to have to do something about it.

And the craziness of it all, she told me that she would take Sabrina if I gave her away. She has a 12 year old Yorkie who Sabrina already grabbed once and pulled a whole pluck of hair out.

Tex
08-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh man, I don't know what to say to that one....sending you huge :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and a great big :hug99: for everything you're going to have to deal with.

AgileOllie
08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Holy moly. I'm sorry. I hope things get better for you soon..

Lisa
08-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Well I thought it was great that she would take Sabrina, until I read the very last sentance! OMG NO!!her Yorkie will get killed.

All I can suggest, if you ever go away again, remove Sabrina from the house and put her with someone else who doesn't have any animal in the home?

I really, REALLY hope she doesn't sue you. And you're right, can't bring up the homework issue now!!

Patt
08-07-2006, 06:05 PM
I wish you the very best! :goodluck:

Jen
08-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Oh boy, not fun. That's one lesson she won't forget in a hurry...even if she doesn't GET the attacking other dogs thing..

Lee Anne
08-08-2006, 11:20 AM
It's SSOOOOO crappy that she's an idiot and YOU can get in trouble for it. :sosad:

Frzframe
08-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh wow! Boy did she have to learn the hard way or what?! When I was gone and my mom was dog sitting for me she knew to keep the boys apart but I guess thats because she saw the marks on me to know how serious I was about keeping everyone safe.

Keep you chin up and if you decide to place Sabrina just know it can be done. I know because I thought it was hopeless with Boomer but he's doing great and loving his new home. :hug99:

Dijon04
08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
you can't fix stupid....so sad.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: hope everything works out okay