PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the 10 lb mini!

SusanF
12-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Ilsa has begun getting more and more territorial lately and has actually attacked our current foster Sheltie, Gracie. Gracie is very young, probably under a year old and always right in her face. Granted Ilsa was chewing a rawhide and she maybe thought Gracie wanted it but I can't have her attacking other dogs or people!
She also attacked a dachsie who was visiting for a meetup at our house. I wasn't surprised when she went after Molly(the dachsie) since she was protecting her home but she has had other run ins on other occasions with Molly at other venues. I have had other dachsies over the years but none of them have had this 'gotta get at em" thing going. She is a mini so maybe her size is part of it? What is the best way to stop this?:mad:

Patt
12-20-2005, 04:46 AM
Sounds like Isla has promoted herself to "leader" in your household and must be demoted. Perhaps back to obedience training 101. I'm sure Mary will be able to advise you much better than I. We had a problem with Trixie taking over and had to call in a Pet Behaviorist to work it out. Good luck!

JanUet
12-20-2005, 11:10 AM
I agree with Patt. Little Ilsa believes that she is the Alpha of the house. Pretty much what Sophie thinks she is here!

I now feed Casey first, let him out for a walk first. Sophie needs to sit and wait for her food. Today will be her last day at Training School :sosad: I quite enjoyed it, this time around!

I'm sure Mary will have a better solution for you. But, until then.....Treat her like the bottom dog instead of the Top dog.