View Full Version : Building a vet right behind my house!

Anatresia
08-09-2006, 09:29 AM
The building to the right and back of my house is being renovated- to become a vet clinic! I have mixed feelings.

My first reaction is that it's AWESOME because if my kids get hurt or sick, it's right there. I mean, if they had any issue that needed immediate medical attention, I could get them there in under 30 seconds.

My second reaction is that Rigby is going to never stop barking. I can't imagine the amount of barking she'll do at strange dogs coming and going all day, every day.

Maybe they'll need someone to work part-time in the summer. :D

Tex
08-09-2006, 09:43 AM
That's neat! Hopefully Rigby won't bark too much......and maybe they could use an extra set of hands.....:goodluck:

Yolanda
08-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't think, I would want any business that close to me. Give me the country any time.

AgileOllie
08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
It might be a great socialization excercise for them. They'll get used to all the rukus!! Having a vet so close is great!!!

The building to the right and back of my house is being renovated- to become a vet clinic! I have mixed feelings.

My first reaction is that it's AWESOME because if my kids get hurt or sick, it's right there. I mean, if they had any issue that needed immediate medical attention, I could get them there in under 30 seconds.

My second reaction is that Rigby is going to never stop barking. I can't imagine the amount of barking she'll do at strange dogs coming and going all day, every day.

Maybe they'll need someone to work part-time in the summer. :D

Anatresia
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't think, I would want any business that close to me. Give me the country any time.

I agree, but my contract makes me live in the city.:sosad:

Otto'sMom
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM
The other thing I'd worry about is people dumping unwanted critters off at the vet's office and them wandering into your area.:sosad: Then you'd be affected by sucky people's lack of compassion too.

Anatresia
08-09-2006, 10:46 AM
But, I could tell them to call me whenever they receive a dachshund in that is no longer wanted, and I could get the dachshund into rescue, rather than have it put down!:angel7:

Tex
08-09-2006, 10:53 AM
But, I could tell them to call me whenever they receive a dachshund in that is no longer wanted, and I could get the dachshund into rescue, rather than have it put down!:angel7:
Good point!!!:banana:

Bella's Mom
08-09-2006, 12:21 PM
I hope the vet is a great one!

Lee Anne
08-09-2006, 04:51 PM
The other thing I'd worry about is people dumping unwanted critters off at the vet's office and them wandering into your area.:sosad: Then you'd be affected by sucky people's lack of compassion too.

People DO that?!? :shocked:

Patt
08-10-2006, 03:01 AM
I think that's great. You should get a part time job, lots of perks! :D