PDA

View Full Version : So... you think YOUR dachshund is hungry...

oceangirls
12-19-2005, 10:09 PM
If we allow the dogs to run all over the house (usually keep them in the kitchen/living room), Cassie now immediately runs into the bathroom, jumps into the tub and starts licking the soap. I took the soap away and she started licking the residue in the soap dish. I had to physically pry her off the soap dish. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?? It's pink Dove soap (1/4 moisturizing cream):heartbt: . Think she is starving? :D I might feed her more if she was better at the L@@K. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/rxkah/December2005006ed.jpg

Does anyone else's dog eat soap? :scratch:

Linus
12-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Soap?!?! :holyshp: No, I think that may be limited to your psych...I mean, your :angel7:

Goob
12-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Did you wash her mouth out with soap for cussing Kim? :rotfl: Kicked that Sailor mouth habbit but now we have a new one! :rotfl:

Jacqueline
12-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Maybe there is some kind of 'flavoring' in the soap. Taffy is bound and determine to eat birdseed. And I have a quaker who obliges her by throwing it out on the floor. My tiles should be spotless, between the constant sweeping and alternate puppy hoovering.

Patt
12-20-2005, 04:35 AM
I dunno maybe a soap fetish? Now if you would just feed Cassie, I think this would eliminate the problem. :rotfl:

Michelle
12-20-2005, 11:11 AM
I don't know which one did it, but one time we found the bar of soap, it was just down to a sliver left, in the living room on the floor. So it must have been the cat that got it out of the bathtub, he likes to go in the tub and lay down. But then the soap did have some bigger teeth marks in it so the dogs must have at least put it in their mouth to taste. I don't think they liked it..

also we have found the hair stopper in the living room from the bathtub,, and someone took the empty toliet paper roll from out of the wastebasket and brought that down to the living room as well..

Heidi and Princess just tore up some more kleenex this morning, I got a call from Rachel complaining that Daddy told her to clean it up, but she said it was not her fault cause she was listening to me and making her lunch in the kitchen when it happened. But I think it was my fault cause before I left the house I pulled some kleenex out to stuff in my pocket and left a small bunch on top of the kleenex box, they must have gotten a hold of that and tore it
to shreds...

lotsadox
12-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Soap?!?!?! You really do need to feed her more, Kim. Can't you see she's starving???

Michelle, I think that I may have found a cure for shredding kleenex. I have two who constantly trash can surf and then pull out the kleenex and shred them. I used Mary tip about the alum. You make a paste of the alum and water and then put a little on the kleenex and put them in the trash can. I did this and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, there was one kleenex on the floor about a foot from the trash can, UNSHREDDED. There has been no trash can surfing since and so shredded kleenex. I've even let the trash can get full on purpose to see what they'd do. Mary was right. They really hate it and won't touch kleenex now! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Michelle
12-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Michelle, I think that I may have found a cure for shredding kleenex. I have two who constantly trash can surf and then pull out the kleenex and shred them. I used Mary tip about the alum. You make a paste of the alum and water and then put a little on the kleenex and put them in the trash can. I did this and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, there was one kleenex on the floor about a foot from the trash can, UNSHREDDED. There has been no trash can surfing since and so shredded kleenex. I've even let the trash can get full on purpose to see what they'd do. Mary was right. They really hate it and won't touch kleenex now! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Sounds like such a cruel joke :rotfl: :rotfl:
I think I will have to try this though, because they love the kleenex, and this is the new fresh kleenex right out of the box,, one day when my hubby was in the basement working on the computer, he left them alone upstairs for 2 hours and they shredded a whole new box of puffs kleenex and shredded the box too!!!!!, the living room looked like snow had fallen, if I only had my digital camera back then!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Nancy
12-20-2005, 04:26 PM
One of my Schipperkes used to eat soap as well!

I was taking a shower one day and I looked down and saw this little pink tongue drinking the soapy water from the shower stall floor. It was pretty funny! :rotfl:

This same little guy used to eat tissues, but ONLY if they were used, GROSS! :shocked:

Taught me not to leave stuff hangin' around, if only for a minute!

Maybe it's the smell of the soap?

Lisa
12-21-2005, 08:14 AM
These are the ingredients in the dove soap....since I don't know what ANY of them are, I am not sure what she is liking. I think it would be the lotion - because I know mine, love to lick when I just put on lotion.

INGREDIENTS; SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, STEARIC ACID, SODIUM TALLOWATE, WATER, SODIUM ISETHIONATE, COCONUT ACID, SODIUM STEARATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, SODIUM COCATE OR SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, FRAGRANCE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, TERTASODIUM EDTA, TRISODIUM ETIDRONATE, BHT, DODIUM DODECYBENZENESULFONATE.

Mama S.
12-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I think it would be the lotion - because I know mine, love to lick when I just put on lotion.
Mine are the same way.. I have to lotion up and hurry up and get dressed or my lotion attempt will have been in vain - all licked off - :vomit: The one time I got a dab of lotion in my mouth - I was totally grossed out.
Shadow makes it a habit EVERY morning that as soon as Daddy is done in the shower, she hops in and tries to drink the soapy water, she tries to eat the bubbles when I'm in the tub. So guess I've got a soap eater too!
Sandi

Fluffy
12-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Buddy tries to eat the bubbles when I take a bath too! I think the perfumy smell draws them in. I only use scented lotions and Buddy goes NUTS over black raspberry vanilla...He can be very particular about certain things. He hates honeysuckle but LOVES anything Vanilla!!

MomToDolly&Madison
01-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Mine don't eat soap but Dolly LOVES lotions! She loves her papa's shave lotion and I don't even try to lotion up my legs with the bathroom door open anymore. Dolly's middle name is T. Grub. She hoovers just about anything 'cept tomatoes, olives and mushrooms. Oh, but bring out the broccoli and they're both right under foot to get a piece!

Susa
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
It's my cat that goes after the soap here. The little dummy.