PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again.......

Tex
08-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Ok, I thought we were over this. After Wed. afternoon/Thurs. morning of Julie pooping on the carpet.........we had normal poop outside Thurs. afternoon and all day Friday.

Oh no, the little culprit wasn't through with me yet.

4:15 am Sat. morning......I awake to Julie coming back to bed. What is that horrendous smell??!!?? Sit up in bed to see more poop on the carpet!!!!!! Get up, clean it up fairly well, light every candle I can find, lay back down.

Fortunatly, I was able to borrow a lightweight steam cleaner from a neighbor last night. I planned on cleaning the entire apartment (it's only a one bedroom) when I got up (did not plan on getting up so early!). When I do get up (about 6:15 am), first thing I do is go to take the puppers out for morning potty (although Julie has gotten a step ahead of me today). As I head for the door to the bedroom, I step in something wet.......the little witch peed too!!!!!!!!!

At this point I take several very deep breaths (choke on the smell) and calm myself down. What really gets to me is that I would swear Julie didn't go scratch on the door like she always does when she needs to go out. I always wake up to that!!!!!!!:wtf2:

She's eating/drinking normally (although I didn't give her breakfast this morning), and she's annoying Jax wanting to play like always. I don't think there's anything medically wrong with her......I think she's de-potty training!!!!! Here's my reasoning.....

After we take our morning walk, I come back in and start to steam clean the carpet. I do the bedroom first, paying special attention to spots where I know somebody has done their business..........I move into the living room and clean some in there for a while. I decide to take a break to take pics of the new bedroom furniture we got yesterday (from a yard sale no doubt!!!), and in the middle of me taking pics......little Ms. Thing walks into my freshly cleaned bedroom, finds the middle of the floor......and squats!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, she peed on the carpet I had just finished cleaning. Now I'm pissed!

Julie went to doggie detention in Jax's crate (I know not to use the crate for punishment, but it was the only place I had to put her....besides, Julie thinks that the entire bedroom is her crate!) much to Jax's dismay while I finished the carpets, and she's been in my lap ever since I let her out....which is fine with me, atleast then she can't do anything to the carpet!!!!!

Thanks for listening to my crazy morning....Happy Weekend everybody!!!!

Otto'sMom
08-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I hate waking up to a dog coming BACK to bed before the alarm goes off. That always means trouble.
I woke up with mine and took them out, and Grrrrrt peed and then came back inside to poop. :mad:
It was kinda funny, I have duty today so I was getting ready to go, but they all thought it was a regular Saturday, get up early and go back to bed so the bed was full of dogs :awww: I gave them treats to go into their kennels.:hearts:

catstamm
08-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Hummm....:scratch:
First of all sorry for the mess.....:hug99:
But, dogs don't normally de-potty train themselves....the thing troubling me is that she is both pooing and peeing :scratch:
If she was just peeing I'd say have her checked for a UTI...
Pooing if it was diahrrea, well she could be having an accident....but both?
Has Julie EVER done anything like this before????
You have to think really hard Mom, what has changed? Are thier schedules different than they use to be? Is there tension in the house? Are you more stressed out than normal, has your schedule changed?
Dogs are extremely perseptive to our emotions, they read us better than other humans do .....Try to think of anything that may be different :duh:
Hang in there :hug99:
Do you have a relationship with your vet, where you can call and ask questions or talk to them about it? If not I would look around for a vet and build that type of relatioship....it's extremely comforting when you can call your vet about anything. I can give you tips on interviewing your vet if you want....

areese
08-12-2006, 02:08 PM
I agree with Cat...something just doesn't seem right about this. She either isn't feeling well or something's changed...
Could the new furniture smell like a dog to her?? If the people who had it before had one??

catstamm
08-12-2006, 02:23 PM
OOOOOOO good one Amy...

Patt
08-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Great advice Cat! :appl:

Tex
08-13-2006, 01:40 PM
I was thinking of alot of the same things that Cat mentioned.......I don't know about the furniture. Tension in the house.....with John....ALWAYS!!!!! I can't even tell ya'll what he's mad at me about now!!!!! Today Julie seems fine. I got up early, took them out for potty (everything came out normal), and then we came back to bed. She and Jax are both being pretty klingy to me (which means John is the one in the wrong here)....hehe.....thanks for the awesome suggestions Cat. I'm thinking she just wasn't really over the people food.........I'm keeping a very close eye on her. I only have to work for about 2 hours today, so I can spend a lot of time with her.