View Full Version : Carleigh has a lump. What could it be?

carsma
08-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi Everybody!! I'm sorry we haven't really been around. Pretty much just after we joined here we bought a house! Anyway things are settling down there and Carleigh went to her new vet on the 3rd. She got her 3 year rabies shot and a bordatella booster.

Friday night we were snuggling and I was giving her a much enjoyed back massage when I discovered a mass of something between her front shoulder blades. Kinda where her microchip was inserted back in December. I immediately called the vet and made an appointment for today at 7 (earliest available). It didn't seem to bother her at all Friday night and has slowly been going down in size. Last night it was probably half the size but it seemed to irritate her when I touched it.

Have any of your lil puppers had this? Any ideas what it could be? I guess I just want to prepare myself for when we see the Doc.

Thanks so much!

Lee Anne
08-14-2006, 11:25 AM
It might be where they gave her the injection - esp. if it's going down in size.

Tex
08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
No great ideas here, but sending big :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Carleigh. Give us an update when you get back from the vet!!!

carsma
08-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Would it do that even if the injection site was in another area?

oceangirls
08-14-2006, 12:16 PM
It's interesting that that is the site of her microchip... might have something to do with that like it is eroding some tissue and gradually caused a local inflammation reaction. I'd definitely alert the vet that it was at that site, even if it disappears before you get in (which always seems to happen to me :) ).

Could she have been bitten by something - do you see any bug bites or puncture marks or anything?

Patt
08-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Good suggestions. Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that it's nothing serious. Please give us an update when you are home from the vets.

catstamm
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Keep us posted.....sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that its nothing serious :pray:

carsma
08-14-2006, 12:31 PM
I tried looking through all of the hair but I didn't see anything odd. And when I feel it, it's more inside. Like I can grab the skin above it seperately. If that makes sense. I was thinking the microchip theory too. I'm hoping the fact that it's going down in size means it's nothing too serious. I'll deffinetely let everybody know what I found out tonight.

oceangirls
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm hoping the fact that it's going down in size means it's nothing too serious.
I agree with you - that is what I would think.

I was thinking you could try a little ice on it (a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel for a few minutes at a time, for instance) but since you're seeing the vet today, I probably wouldn't even do that. Sending rayz for a good (and not too expensive) vet check :rayz::bigrayz::rayz::bigrayz::rayz:

Patt
08-15-2006, 01:52 AM
What did the vet have to say? :scratch: I hope she is doing okay!

Lisa
08-15-2006, 06:03 AM
How is Carleigh doing?

carsma
08-15-2006, 08:04 AM
The vet isn't really sure what it is. She's leaning towards it just being a reaction to her vaccines. She said she could stick a needle in it and check it out under the microscope but because it's gone down in size so fast she doesn't think that's necessary. We agreed, no sense poking her if it isn't necessary. She's still full of energy and eating normally. We'll just keep monitoring it and take it from there. Ya ready for the best part? After we go to the vet everytime we take Carleigh to the pet store to pick out a toy/treat. Well the vet visit ended up being free so Carleigh got two treats! lol.

Thank you for all your help and good wishes!

Rae
08-15-2006, 08:48 AM
you gotta love a thing that starts going down on its own and a free vet visit. :bigrayz: for no big deal and glad you are settling in. Moving is a chore, for sure... and we're glad you are back on!

oceangirls
08-15-2006, 09:00 AM
sounds good! two treats sounds even better!

she is such a little cutie :hearts: I just love dapples :)

Patt
08-15-2006, 11:52 AM
:woohoo: that is wonderful news. :cheer2: I'm happy to hear that everything is okay and it was a "free" visit. :hula1:

Jen
08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Whew, glad its gone down on its own, and the Vet visit was free!! And hey, I'm sure Carleigh loved the extra treats!

Bella's Mom
08-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Glad it appears that everything is okay with Carleigh!:cheer2:

lotsadox
08-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Great news about the lump and the free vet visit :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: