PDA

View Full Version : Lizard Kings

phoria2
08-14-2006, 12:47 PM
My two have become quite the little hunters! I am disposing of a least one lizard carcass everyday! :yuck: Ewwwwwwwwww......
Well, yesterday was quite an ordeal for us all! Abby comes running inside with two legs and a tail hanging out of her mouth. I naturally say, “Drop it!” and she obediently does. But as opposed to a dead/unconscious lizard, it was ALIVE and now running around my house. :faint: :holyshp: So I hysterically yell “GET IT!!!!!” to which my two spring back into action and capture again. Once Abby has got it again I calmly pick up Abby (and captured lizard) to go outside. Naturally she drops it on the way and I yell again, “GET IT!!!!!” to Nate who catches it quickly. Once he’s got it, I pick HIM up and run towards the backyard whispering softly “Don’t drop it don’t drop it…” I get everyone outside and Nate obediently drops it and before I can shoo it to safety, Abby chases/catches it and is now running around the back with me yelling, “DROP IT!!!” after her. She finally drops it and I have to dispose of the now dead lizard I was just trying to save………

Surprisingly, all this drama happens within two minutes…… :faint:

Otto'sMom
08-14-2006, 01:06 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I soooo identify with you. Your adventure is similar to my fondest memory of my Izzy Wartzburg:angel7: catching the squirrel alive.
What a great story!

lizzieb38
08-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh that poor little lizard. Can you imagine what must have been going thru his head?" I'm free, I'm snatched up again, I'm free again, I'm snatched up again, there's a brite white light, follow the light, Crap I'm dead!!!!":rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bella's Mom
08-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Yikers! I guess their natural instincts are so ingrained nothing can stop it!

ebmw1975
08-14-2006, 07:43 PM
:rotfl: that is too funny! We have little lizards here but Jake and Oscar seem to be scared of them and will watch and follow but if they go towards them they bark and back up.

Patt
08-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Aww I feel bad for the lizard.

Tex
08-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Man, that's what I would call lizard population control!

lotsadox
08-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Poor lizard! I can so relate to the story though. I had a similar one that involved a dead rat . . .

Jen
08-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Ewww, I'd take a lizard over a rat any day!!! Sometimes they're just too good at critter control.

Teddysmom
08-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Poor lizard; but obviously the dogs had a blast with it! No lizards here in DE (except in pet stores), only frogs/toads. Haven't had a run-in with one yet but I'm curious to see how Teddy would react to one.