PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Dolly

Otto'sMom
08-14-2006, 01:02 PM
I shook up the anipal's routine this AM. We went walking before puppy breakfast time (I got to the chapter in Cesar's book about that. Made sense to me so what the heck?)
We saw an armadillo on someone's lawn, that was cool and I had a heck of a time keeping the dogs from going after it. (there went my calm assertive vibe, I was as excited to see it as they were. It was NEAT)
Anyway, back to Sneaky Dolly:
We got home and I got my stuff together to go to work. Coaxed Austin into his crate, hauled Grrrt into her fortress and Otto was super good and ran right into his kennel. I grab my bag, head out the door, put the mail in the mailbox and open the truck door and realize no keys:shocked: NO biggie, I leave the door to the garage open and the other door into the house has the locks on the INSIDE of the stupid garage. Go back in, pretty quietly, and I find Dolly in the doggie play/pee room (formerly known as the sun room, but that's where they pee when they're bad) She's facing away from me, and headed to the litter box. I have it blocked off with a baby gate so no one can help themselves to kittie crunchies. Dolly jumps on top of the box (it's a covered bench with the litterbox in it) and proceeds to try to get inside it for her morning feline buffet. As soon as she stuck her head in the hole, I hollered at her "Whatareyoudoing?" and she hauled tail out of there:rotfl: Guilty as can be.
I can't boobie trap it because the cats have to use that route to get in there to poop when they're not pooping in inappropriate locations.
I just wonder if I've messed up her day...making her paranoid wondering if Mommy is lurking around the corner.

catstamm
08-14-2006, 01:06 PM
To funny.....It's easier for her to sneak around now....with a minus 1 clicking toenail :rotfl: :rotfl:
I love reading your posts....they ALWAYS make me laugh. Ever thought of writing a book? I'd buy it ...thanks for more laughs..:banana:

Lee Anne
08-14-2006, 01:19 PM
HAW! HAW! I bet she woulda crapped herself if there was anything in there! BUSTED!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Frzframe
08-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Man they wait until we're gone to PARTY!! But then you go and ruin all her fun! :rotfl:

oceangirls
08-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Why don't you put the litterbox on top of the refrigerator since they are up there anyway?
:evilgrin:

In some cases with dogs, a little mild paranoia is probably a good thing :)

Tex
08-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Why don't you put the litterbox on top of the refrigerator since they are up there anyway?
:evilgrin:

In some cases with dogs, a little mild paranoia is probably a good thing :)

That's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll all make me laugh! Great story there......I would think that a little paranoia doesn't hurt anyone!!! Doxie's especially!!!

Lisa
08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
That is hysterical Andrea! I always wonder what trouble they get in as soon as we leave, looks like you caught her with her paw in the treat jar.

K2
08-14-2006, 06:08 PM
:rotfl: Clever girl!! What is it about kitty crunchies that pups love so much???

lotsadox
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM
I love reading your posts....they ALWAYS make me laugh. Ever thought of writing a book? I'd buy it ...thanks for more laughs..:banana:

ITA Andrea's posts are the best! :banana: :hearts: :banana: I always read them when I need a good laugh. The foil hats made me laugh out loud at the office! :ashamed:

JanUet
08-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Seems that Dolly's attempt to the kittie crunchies was Foiled again! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have to agree with Cat! Write a book....your posts are hilarious! :rotfl:

Otto'sMom
08-14-2006, 07:31 PM
You guys are too kind. If I wrote a book, it'd be a one hit wonder. I just don't think I'd have the discipline to do it, and I'd be so dejected when it didn't do well. I'm just happy amusing myself and a few well selected others.

And Eewwwww for a litterbox on the fridge. I just need to catch a cat in the act and squirt the heck out of her.