PDA

View Full Version : Our trip to the Country

Anatresia
08-16-2006, 11:15 AM
I forgot my camera, like a dingle, and there were so many photographic moments. Oh well.

I took the dogs to my parents' campground for the day. On the way there, I rolled the window down a touch, so Rigby could smell the cow poopies- she was in heaven- standing in her bed with her head out of the window. It was hysterical.

Butters was excited to see they adopted another cat (I told my mother she would soon qualify for "crazy cat lady" status- this is #4.) He sat next to the cat and cried, open mouthed howling cries. I don't know what he expected the cat to do, but he did that for a long time.

We ate lunch there, then went to see my aunt and uncle's property, where their new house is being built. They own 28 acres. Plenty of room to go off-leashing. I let Rigby out of the car and she darted across the meadow, hopping like a bunny. Mr. Butters took two steps and decided he liked where he was just fine.

Rigby hopped through mud and weeds and grass and trees (sounds like a Dr. Seuss thing, huh?) She had the BEST time ever. Total country dog! And Butters didn't mind lounging around.

On the ride home, Rigby slept ON her back in her carseat, totally passed out, while Butters slept in a dog bed I brought from home.

Jen
08-16-2006, 11:24 AM
I can picture it!! (pics woulda been nice though....) Sounds like an excellent day for the wienerhausens!

Rae
08-16-2006, 11:25 AM
sounds like a great time was had by all and give yourself 20 lashes with a juicy cow pie for forgetting the camera.

Country Mouse, City Mouse, huh?

Tex
08-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a great trip!!! *should someone be sent to the time-out chair for forgettin' the camera*:duh:

Patt
08-16-2006, 11:40 AM
I love your story telling, it gave me a few chuckles.:D I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the outing. It sounded like fun. :cheer2: :cheer2: for your Mom. You can call her the crazy cat lady when she has as many as I do. :rotfl: