View Full Version : Drinking More

K2
08-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I think I already know the answer to this~but I want to know what you guys think.

Yesterday, Pippit drank at least 2 bowls of water. Since switching to raw, he drinks about half a bowl a day. So, this was a lot. He even had an accident in the house:shocked:

At first, I was thinking that I should take him to the vet and see what's up. And then I saw that he had decided to gnaw on one of his bones that he has never touched before. And I also gave him a dried (some type of fish) treat. The bone has some type of coating on it and that was all gone. So, now I'm thinking that whatever it was coated with was salty......

He's been drinking his usual amount today. I figure I'll just keep an eye on him and go from there.

catstamm
08-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Is it one of the ham bones I sent him? If so they drink more when they chew on the bones all day..... his poopy will look kind of chalky too....like a bone :rotfl:

K2
08-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Is it one of the ham bones I sent him? If so they drink more when they chew on the bones all day..... his poopy will look kind of chalky too....like a bone :rotfl:

It is one of those bones! I gave it to him two days ago and he didn't touch it until yesterday(well, I hide it when I'm not around)

catstamm
08-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I think theydrink more water because the bones are drying to there mouth with all that chewing.....2 bowls is a lot though....he must have been really chowing down on it!!

jenfer
08-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Gigi doesn't drink enough water. I give her a bowl everyday, I think the most she drank is 1/2 of it. And I can't make her drink either.

Tex
08-17-2006, 02:41 PM
You for a second I thought we we're talkin' about hoomans and adult drinks!!!!! Then I realized what forum this was in. You are probably right about the bones. On the rare occasion that Julie & Jax get a bone, they drink more too!

quavec
08-17-2006, 02:54 PM
He's been drinking his usual amount today. I figure I'll just keep an eye on him and go from there.

Taht's what I would suggest. Probably what he had to eat made him extra thirsty.

Jen
08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Tasha drinks a lot after flossies and pizzles so I have a hunch that's probably what it was--but keep an eye on him.

Jen, have you ever put a little low sodium chicken broth in with Gi's water? Works on Tasha whenever I'm worried about her not drinking enough. But do it just in 1/2 bowl or less or she'll keep having to pee.....

lotsadox
08-17-2006, 07:34 PM
ITA just keep an eye on him. He was probably just drinking more because of the bone. :hula1:

Patt
08-18-2006, 03:19 AM
Great advice! How is Pippit today?

Rae
08-18-2006, 08:35 AM
thread title... almost replied "yeah me too, wanna make something of it?" but then read on.

Cheers to Pippit the thirsty bone gnawing dude. Can't wait for the "Chalky poops" post... but then we are forewarned... :rotfl: