View Full Version : Alex lost a tooth.

Chris
08-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Alex lost a tooth today!!

He got his yearly shots, but a vet tech had a tooth came out on her hand. He didn't break her skin.

Naturally, being the doggie mom that i am, I freaked out. Well, not freaked, but we are like "how did this happen??" "should we take him the vet?" (this was a shot clinic).

The young tech told us that "he is getting old and sometimes older dogs lose teeth because their gums get loose." That made me freak out because Alex is NOT old. He is 7. Maybe thats a senior if you are a St Bernard but not a doxie.

But finally, the tech we knew came out and told us it was a baby tooth that was sitting behind one of his teeth and just finally decided to come out. It was behind one of his canines/eye teeth. She said that sometimes they don't come out and need to be pulled so we saved $25.

Man, was i freaked out for a minute. I just wasn't expecting that at age 7.

Jen
08-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Wow, that is surprising at age 7, a baby tooth!?!? Well, better than paying $25 to have it extracted!

catstamm
08-17-2006, 06:51 PM
I woulda been freaked out too.....the only seniors I know who's teeth fall out is from decay.....
How dare they call your puppy a senior....I don't consider a doxie a senior until they are 10+
Gkad all is ok :hug99:

Chris
08-17-2006, 07:00 PM
You know what i think upset me most? the tech said that "maybe she shouldn't have told us." I think if she didn't and i found out later i would have been upset that i wasn'ttold.

DH told Alex he is going to put it under Al's pillow for the tooth fairy LOL.

Tex
08-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Wowzers!!!! I would have been seriously pissed if something like that happened to either of mine and nobody told me!!!! Glad all is well.......

Patt
08-17-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry he lost a tooth, I hope the tooth fairy brings him a nice treat. :hearts:
I'm sure the tech learned a good lesson. Six and seven y.o. Doxies would be considered middle aged.

Bella's Mom
08-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Wow! A baby tooth at 7!? Glad everything was okay with Alex!