PDA

View Full Version : Good news & bad news (& a photo)

Frzframe
12-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I'll start with the bad news. :heartbk: The adoption of Flash and Frankie fell through because the family went with another boy/girl pair. Which is good news for those dogs but :sosad: for my boys. I cried about this even though I know they weren't meant to be with this family. I was so excited to do the homecheck on Friday and was going to take the boys with me. :sad3:

But thankfully I also have some good news about Ruby Roo. She is heartworm FREE!!!!!!!! :couch: She'll go in soon for her spay/dental then she'll also be ready for adoption. It'll take someone very special because she is very timid and shy. Geeeezzzz :doh: I'm having trouble finding someone for the boys and they don't have any issues (well just potting in the house, chewing up stuff, you know the normal dachsie traits.) just think how long I'll have her. :faint:

Anyway to cheer me up and celebrate Ruby here is a photo of all three of them snuggling. Enjoy!!

http://www.ott.net/~stitt/snuggle1.jpg

Linus
12-20-2005, 09:37 PM
OMG!!! :love12:

I would take all three of them in a heartbeat if I could!! They are absolutely adorable!!!

Sorry that home didn't work out for them..but that just means that someone even better will come along!

Patt
12-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Adorable pics and great news :cheer2: YAY :cheer2: Ruby is heartworm free. :1jump:
I tend to agree with Linsey about the boys, I believe a better home is waiting for them. Although I don't now if I could ever give either one of these guys up. :hearts:

Goob
12-20-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm with Linsey, something bigger and better is in their future. What a sweet pic! I'd take 'em too if I could! Please give them all smooches for me.

lotsadox
12-20-2005, 10:12 PM
They are adorable! I'm sure a great home is in their future. :hula1:

Courtney
12-21-2005, 12:11 AM
:( I would bet it won't be hard to find them a home though. They are all so cute! Thanks for being such a wonderful rescue :angel7: !!

Yolanda
12-21-2005, 06:48 AM
When it is their time the pecfect home will come along. Any time an adoption falls though, I know it was not right for that puppers. BTW, they are adorable looking.

Lisa
12-21-2005, 06:51 AM
Look it how sweet! :rowofhts: :rowofhts: :rowofhts:

I am surprised you still have the boys and I don't think Ruby will be with you for long...she is beautiful.

:bighug: I know they will soon find their forever homes. That is great about Ruby being heartworm free! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Otto'sMom
12-21-2005, 09:26 AM
What an adorable photo! I just love snuggling doxies:hearts:

Wiener Mom
12-21-2005, 09:42 AM
It's hard when a potential adoption falls through, but it just wasn't meant to be. The perfect home is still out there - waiting!

As the saying goes, "When God closes a window, he opens a door elsewhere".

Rae
12-21-2005, 09:46 AM
yay for Ruby. I am so glad her little heart is OK. :wormie: all bad...

If you knew this was not best for F and F then it was not meant to be.

The photo is beautiful. Remind me about Ruby- how old is she?

Schroeders Mom
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Oh Shonda, I know how you feel :bighug: I think I have a home for Doc, my 12 year old foster. The lady from Colorado is really interested in him and she is willing to either drive or fly to St Louis to come get him :banana: ! We'll see how it works out. But I'll let the people in KY know about your 3 and see how that works. Good luck!! :angel7:

Fluffy
12-21-2005, 11:54 AM
I am so happy for Ruby!! :cheer: The boys will find their perfect forever home! This one just simply wasn't meant to be...and there is a family out there looking for your boys who will love them and shower them with affection and give them the best life ever. :rayz: :rayz: for adoption and finding them the right forever home :)

Frzframe
12-21-2005, 12:05 PM
She'll be so hard for me to say goodbye too. She is my little girl (she is 9 lbs), she trusts me completely and fears almost all others. But, I know she'll also find the perfect home that will be willing to take the time to win her trust. With me she gave it almost instantly once we were home and all I had to do is sit on the couch and give her belly rubs. Now she see comes to me all bouncy and flips over on her own. In fact she almost gets annoying sometimes because she wants to give me kisses and sleep on my neck all the time but one look in those brown eyes and my heart melts all over again. And to think the shelter was gonna to pts her because she bit someone. Well yeah she was scared out of her mind in the shelter then at the home that adopted her. She was only there for a day when she bit and then she was promptly returned. I'm soooooooooooooo glad she was because she found her way to me. :hearts:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-22-2005, 12:48 PM
All 3 are so cute. Here are rays:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: that they will find a home soon.

Anatresia
12-22-2005, 12:50 PM
That's a great shot- if you send that around, you'll get them adopted in no time! I want that red sweetheart in the middle!

SusanF
12-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Yay for Ruby! Great news! She will be just fine and the boys will too! The right home will come along when you least expect. Merry Christmas and hugs to all.:hearts: