PDA

View Full Version : Bad Pippit or Bad Brothers???

K2
08-18-2006, 07:24 PM
I know that some of you know the story....others don't. The condensed version is: my brothers HATE Pippit. Tom(oldest one)teases him, leers at him and just tries to get him going.....and then wonders why Pippit keeps barking at him(he has never bitten Tom). Joey(the youngest one)also hates Pippit(who bit his finger accidently when getting a treat for him) Joey has said that if Pippit bites him again, he will kick him in the head. (and if that happens, I will not be responsible for what I do next)Pippit feels the same about them(and I don't blame him) He barks and just isn't too happy(especially with Tom) Joey on the other hand~Pippit is usually fine with him unless he: yells, horses around, barks or growls(like people do that???) The rest of the "spoiled tantrum" that Joey had happened......Mom is sticking to her guns and wants Pippit around and has made that clear. I do have to say that Pippit has come a long way in the 2 years that I've had him and will stop barking~but it doesn't help when my brothers basically torment him.

The whole thing sucks. And I do go out of my way to just avoid being in the same as they are. Just because it's such a pain.

So, last night Ron came inside my apartment for the first time. What did Pippit do? He barked for probably a good 2 minutes. Didn't bite. Didn't growl. Didn't do anything but bark. Ron gave him a few treats and sat down. And Pippit was instantly on his lap. Pippit spent the rest of the night sleeping either between us on the couch or with his head on Ron's lap. Is this the "PITA" that my brothers think I have as a pup? Nope. This is the sweet Pippit that I know and love. (Oh~and please keep in mind that Ron has never had any type of pet before and has no experience with dogs at all either)

So.........I think it's a case of bad brothers. Anyone know a good trainer???

:rotfl:

And this is for Janet:
Ron also met Paddington last night. He thought he was cute. When I asked him if he wanted to hold him he said, "Maybe next time" :rotfl: Big strong man!

Lisa
08-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Rafi was the exact same way he first met Prickles (actually, I was the same way with her too!).

Definately a case of bad brothers!! How much time do you have to spend with them?

K2
08-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Definately a case of bad brothers!! How much time do you have to spend with them?

As little as possible! It just makes it tough when I'm at my parents and someone shows up unanounced.

Anatresia
08-18-2006, 07:42 PM
I HATE when people (usually guys) think it's funny to torment dogs and then threaten the dogs! That's awful!

YOU should bite your brothers if they bother Pippit again!

I'm glad that Pippit and Ron made a truce!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

JanUet
08-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I agree the Brothers are PITA'S I do not know of any trainer to help them :rotfl:

I'm glad Pippit warmed up to Ron :hearts:
Pippit is a very good boy once you get to know him. Doug just LOVED him!

I have to laugh at Ron not wanting to hold Paddington :lol: The man has his limits. Maybe next time :D

Goob
08-18-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm glad Ron and Pippit hit it off. I'd be very annoyed with my brothers if I was you. Can you talk to them and tell them that THEY are causing the problem?

As for meeting Paddington, I was shy from meeting Prickles at first. But after a few drinks I was fine with her! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

jenfer
08-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Sometimes people are stupid. How can it be fun for you to BARK at a dog? Human beings TALK, dogs BARK. :scratch:

Anyway, I think raising kids is just as dog training... next time maybe bring your squirt bottle when your brother is around. :rotfl:

And good to hear that Pippit likes Ron. :)

I have never seen a real hog, so I don't know how brave I will be. :duh:

oceangirls
08-18-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't get why they keep trying to antagonize him. I'm sorry they can't seem to get over their antagonism towards an innocent dachshund :rolleyes: and make life more pleasant for everyone!!!

I thought Pippit was a sweetheart, and am glad he and Ron enjoyed each other!

oceangirls
08-18-2006, 09:48 PM
How can it be fun for you to BARK at a dog? Human beings TALK, dogs BARK. :scratch:

oooooo... sometimes DH and I bark at the girls and they bark back at us - for fun. How embarrassing.:ashamed: :D

I have never seen a real hog, so I don't know how brave I will be. :duh:

my personal experience was that the one I met in Ohio was very sweet!!:hearts: Just be very careful which way you stroke them!! :D

Patt
08-19-2006, 02:01 AM
This is sad, I don't know why "guys" think they have to torment little dogs.
I second the squirt gun for your brothers, they are bad!! Shame on them!

HotDogMama
08-19-2006, 08:18 AM
I don't know either, but I say BAD BROTHERS!!! :faint: Maybe since Pippit is yours, and they probally bugged you growing up, they think they have the right to do it to your dog? I have two brothers as well, and they love Molly, as they are also scared of my Mom, and I think she loves Molly more than them!! :rotfl: Not really, but you know what I mean...... I agree, maybe YOU should bite them!! Maybe you could let them know that people like them are the reason why Pippit is the way he is around men? :goodluck:

Tex
08-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm glad that Pippit and Ron hit it off (even if it did take a few minutes......)

I like the squirt bottle idea for your brothers.....got a question. Are your brothers both single???? I can't imagine any woman in their lives letting them get away with this kind of behavior.......JMHO.

Alex's Mom
08-19-2006, 01:32 PM
My brother was like that with Maxe and Alex when we all lived in the same city...fortunately, he was posted to Ontario 7 years ago! No wonder the "rat and the weasel" (his loving nicknames for them) didn't warm up to him real well.... I like the water bottle idea too!!! Wish I'd thought of it then......:rolleyes:

Da Brat
08-19-2006, 05:55 PM
*jumps up and down waving hand* OH OH!! I know a good "bad brother" trainer!! I do I do.. pick me pick me....

IT"S MEEEEE!! Lemme at em I say... Lemme at em!! :duh:

Mama S.
08-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I happen to have a very nasty construction worker who needs to work off some energy - he can be there pronto! Although I doubt he'd use a water bottle:rotfl: :rotfl:
Mama

lotsadox
08-20-2006, 08:37 PM
ITA with the squirt bottle idea! :rotfl: :rotfl: I'll have to remember that if my brother ever comes to visit me. :banana: :banana: Do you think that it would work on the DH? :scratch:

I'm glad that Pippit warmed up to Ron. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: For it to just take a few minutes is really good. Miller still takes a long time to warm up to strangers.

Rae
08-21-2006, 08:06 AM
am sticking with my original assessment that your brothers are being a$$holes. (note I say "being" which means I did not CALL them a$$holes, and am only condemning their behavior..)

What idiots. And to make things hard on your mom, who has to "choose" between her born flesh boys and Pippit, well that just chaps my butt.

I think it says a LOT that when your mom has to pick. Pippit wins. JMHO.

Immature poopieheads.

lizzieb38
08-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Your brothers are Buttheads!!! Poor little Pippit. I'm glad he likes Ron tho.

Bella's Mom
08-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Brothers! No help from here. One of my brothers put our precious Bella on hot dog bun and acted like he was going to take a bite! Such a brat they are. They never grow up!