PDA

View Full Version : Good thought for Gigi please

jenfer
12-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Gigi is having her annual checkup today. I know she will be fine, but it's the vaccination she needs that worries me. Last time she had an allergic reaction. They are going to give her premed (???) and they need to put an iv cap (???) in case the "thing" (sorry, very bad with medical terms... probably just a very fancy name for antihistamine?) doesn't work, they have to give her steroid throught iv. I definitely do not want her to need to use that.

quavec
12-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Gigi will be in my thoughts today. Please let us know how she does.

Goob
12-21-2005, 03:01 PM
:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Gigi just in case!

Keep us posted!

jenfer
12-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Gigi will be in my thoughts today. Please let us know how she does.

I will, thanks. :)

I found out she is 11 lbs this morning though. I think we are both going on a diet.

Yolanda
12-21-2005, 03:27 PM
NO way Gigi is 11 pounds (is there?). Hope all went well for her Highness.

Nancy
12-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Best wishes Gigi! :rayz:

lotsadox
12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Sending "no problems with the vaccinations" rayz to Gigi. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: It is worrying for you, I know 'cause you love her so much. :hearts:

Patt
12-21-2005, 07:55 PM
11# :banana: of course that is all muscle. :rotfl: Sending vax :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: that Gigi will be fine. Nice vet, he took extra precautions. :appl: Don't forget we need an update.

JanUet
12-21-2005, 07:57 PM
11 pounds! What a heffer! :rotfl:

Geez! I don't want to even go near the weigh scales at MY vet's office.
Sophie is suppose to be on a diet. I think she has gained 4 more pounds not dropped 4 pounds!

Sending Gigi Tons of annual check up :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Keep us posted!

Side note: Could the reaction be from the vaccine with Lepto in it? Casey had a bad reaction to that.......I have asked my vet not to give it to him in future vaccines.

jenfer
12-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Hello my dear friends. :)

Thanks for the rays, Gigi didn't have any allergic reaction!!! :boogie: Her vaccinations were: Giardia Vaccine and Canini Bordetella VaccineShe is healthy... though we could work on her teeth. ha. (Yeah right, like she will let me brush her teeth... but I am gonna try). And yes, she IS 11 lbs. I was shocked.:shocked: We could both start our diet tomorrow. I have took a bunch of pics, which I will post in a bit. Oh, we went to do a little toy/treat shopping after I picked her up. :) I love my girlie. :heartbt:

Fluffy
12-22-2005, 01:37 AM
:woohoo: for Gi!!! So glad everything went well!!! :banana:

jenfer
12-22-2005, 12:01 PM
:woohoo: for Gi!!! So glad everything went well!!! :banana:

:relieved: i must say i was relieved. :)

Patt
12-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Hooray for Gigi :banana: :banana: now she's good for another year. :cheer2:

Do have a question though, what about her Distemper Parvo etc., vax does she get that at another time of year?

lotsadox
12-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the update, Jen. As to Gigi's weight gain :janet: or maybe it's just the holidays! At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :hula1:

jenfer
12-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Do have a question though, what about her Distemper Parvo etc., vax does she get that at another time of year?

In June she had Rabies Virus Vaccine, Corona Virus Vaccine and Distemper Parvo HA Vaccine. :)

JanUet
12-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the update, Jen. As to Gigi's weight gain :janet: or maybe it's just the holidays! At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :hula1:

YUP! It's my fault! I send Jen Mental Telepathy (sp?) :rayz: :rayz: to over indulge food and treats to Gigi!

jenfer
12-22-2005, 09:39 PM
I send Jen Mental Telepathy (sp?) :rayz: :rayz: to over indulge food and treats to Gigi!

Can I have green salad with side thousand island dressing...prime rib, medium... with a baked potato with everything on it. For dessert, I'd like warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream on the side! Gigi would like chicken and cheese. :bounce8:

Jen
12-23-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm a bit late reading this one but I'm glad all went well! The diet part isn't fun for either of you! :sosad: