PDA

View Full Version : my dog is so rude...sheesh

Dijon04
08-25-2006, 05:23 PM
okay so i was walking mikey around the apt complex and we see another wienie dog so we run over to it...okay he runs i walk briskley...thinking they can be friends....but NO mikey has to snap at the other dog....

so i apologize to the owner (who was on her cell phone) and she says its okay maybe they can play later...

but really does my dog have to be so rude?

catstamm
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Awwww just a dog, bein' a dog! Maybe he thought she was rude to be on her cell phone when he was introducing himself?:rotfl: :rotfl:

lotsadox
08-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Miller does that everytime and then after that is really nice and wants to play. Cash does it if the other dog pisses him off, which seems to be totally random on his part. :scratch: I have no idea what pisses him off. Bogart used to hate all dogs not in our family, but lately has been friendly. :dunno: I have no idea why they do this. :faint:

Tex
08-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Maybe next time they meet, they'll get to sniff each other and not just be face-to-face.........hopefully they can be friends! How wonderful to have another little doxie in your apt. complex!

catstamm
08-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Maybe next time they meet, they'll get to sniff each other and not just be face-to-face.........hopefully they can be friends! How wonderful to have another little doxie in your apt. complex!
Hey your one sharp cookie...cesar-ette....read the book did ya :rotfl: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Dijon04
08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
for some reason mikey on a leash feels like he needs to attack any and everyone around him......such a brat.

at the dog park without me holding a leash he's all scared hiding between my legs.....

i dont want me dog to be the geek of the dog park that noone plays with *sigh*

would it make a difference if he had one of those leashes that get longer and shorter (brain fart on what its called?)

Lisa
08-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Pogo doesn't like other dogs (LOVES all people though). Pixel likes to be friends with everyone, but he doesn't like being on his leash when he meets them.

So I don't think Mikey D was being rude at all! It's hard when they are on a leash, because I think they want to protect their human when on a lead.

Jen
08-26-2006, 04:07 PM
This sounds familiar. Tasha has only ever liked TWO dogs in the two years we've had her. One chihuahua and one weimeraner. Otherwise she runs away from ALL dogs. Though we did meet a little doxie the other night who she actually sniffed--he turned away so she went for his booty.

Before we got Tasha DH and I would see doxies in the dog park doing just what you describe--hiding behind their owners legs. So we had a hunch we may not be spending much time in the dog park. Tasha has NO IDEA how to play with other dogs--and what they expect from her.

Anatresia
08-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I know the feeling!!!

My dog is a breedist- she only likes dachshunds. Rigby hates big dogs with a passion and she hates any fluffy dog (poodles, lhasa apsos, etc.) But she has a healthy respect for her kind. It's pretty funny. When we run into dachshunds, including her family members (her breeder's dogs) she usually just stays quiet and pretends they're not there ("if i ignore them, they'll go away...") And she fell head over heels in love with a longhaired boy in her obidence class, hating everyone else in class.

She was pretty good at the Ohio picnic- only snapping at two (one was poor sweet Bailey, who was too close to "her" food- I offered him something, not realizing she was so freakin' possessive over the whole bag of treats- and the other was poor sweet Pippit, who came over to visit and she did not like the idea of him in her hotel room.)

At the NY picnic, though, she got her b*tch on. She was not really nice to anyone. But it was pretty hot in there. :rotfl:

My boy loves EVERY dog we meet, so long as they aren't behind a fence. He could be best buds with a dog, but if it's behind a fence, he gets NASTY, like he's only pretending to like them because they're bigger than he is, and when he's safe, he lets them know how he feels. :rotfl:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
08-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Shadow likes everybody & all other dogs he' s met. Reesee likes only our "family" and doesn' t like any other dog or cat she sees! The neighbors has a mini dachshunds & she hates it!
The puppies learned to bark at the neighbors dog from Reesee. But I think they would like it.