PDA

View Full Version : Rigby's Tree Trick

Anatresia
08-28-2006, 01:43 PM
My FIL is off from work still, from his fall, and he's not allowed to drive or basically do anything. He's a workaholic type, so he's going nuts.

He loves taking the dogs to the river to walk and his doctor allows him to do that, so today I drove him up there and we walked the dogs.

He has this trick with Rigby that I've never seen before. She loves to run full speed on her 26ft leash and sniff everything, but she tends to get stuck on trees if you let her go. He's taught her that when he says "Tree", she runs back towards him and then around the tree back to the brush she was sniffing. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Well, she weaves in and out of these trees with him saying, "Tree" everytime a tree pops up. It got to the point where the trees were about five feet apart and she was weaving for the fun of it! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

She's so smart and athletic- she really needs some agility training.

Frzframe
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
WOW!! That is so impressive. I wonder if my dogs could learn that trick - nawwwwwwwwww they ain't that talented. :lol:

Jen
08-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Great trick. I wonder if I could teach Tasha--she's always going around the wrong side of trees, light poles, etc.

And yes, agility might be a great thing for you and Rigby to try!

Teddysmom
08-28-2006, 02:03 PM
That's a pretty neat little trick your dad taught her. My other doxie that i used to have (Suzie) did something very similar to that except it was with mailboxes around our development; and you'd have to tell her whether to go on the left side or the right side and it was like she actually knew her left from her right and would go on the proper side of the mailboxes. They just constantly amaze us with the things they can do! See if she can teach Mr. Butters that trick.

Anatresia
08-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Mr. Butters, as you can imagine from knowing his personality, walks in a perfectly straight line. It sums up their personalities- he walks completely straight, heels next to me, and watches me. Rigby runs full speed, zig zags around and never stops moving. :)

Tex
08-28-2006, 09:36 PM
That's cool! It's like Rigby is using the trees for weave practice! Watch out agility course, here comes Rigby!

Otto'sMom
08-28-2006, 09:47 PM
I'll say "Hello Kitty" and Buddy will be beside himself looking for what cat he's missed on our walk.

HotDogMama
08-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Thats a cute story :D I can see Tracy now on the Agility course screamin, tree! tree! tree!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: