PDA

View Full Version : Time out

Courtney
09-03-2006, 11:01 PM
So I am fostering India, who is overall a really good dog. She is very sweet and totally housetrained, praise BE to Jesus. But the first couple days she was here, she started some spats with my boys. So I separated them and she went immediately into time out in a crate in the dog room. I had to do this maybe 3 times, and she hadn't started anything in more than a week - guess she got the message. Yesterday, I was baking another dog cake, and letting everyone lick all the bowls and utensils clean (hey it saves water!). Apparently India didn't want to share and she and Thor got into it. I was startled so I screamed, and that ended it. She looked at me, and trotted off, ears and tail low, toward the dog room, which is on the other side of the house from the kitchen. She stopped at the dog room gate and I let her in. She immediately ran into a crate. She put herself in time out. It was so funny, I almost didn't want to make her stay in there!!!

lotsadox
09-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Scooter has done the same thing. For a while Scooter seemed to be in trouble for something ALL the time. It got to where all I had to do was give him the L@@K and say "Scooter" and he took himself off to his crate for timeout! :rotfl: It was so funny!

jenfer
09-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Awww... that actually sounds cute.

Patt
09-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Good girl India!!! I wish I could have seen the expression on your face. :rotfl:

Jen
09-04-2006, 09:45 AM
As a kid, my DH would sent himself to his room when he was bad. Not just puppers that do it... :rotfl: :rotfl:

catstamm
09-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Awwwww....sounds like a smart girl...

Tex
09-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Jax does that too.....the whole head low, sad eyes, sulking off 'cause I know I did sometin' wrong trot. Priceless.......

LUVMYGUNNER
09-04-2006, 07:04 PM
That is so cute.

Bella's Mom
09-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I must say I had a "guilty" chuckle. It's not funny but it is. Poor girl. At least she knows you mean business!

Rae
09-05-2006, 11:34 AM
you gotta love the "walk of shame"...

Mommy2Molly
09-05-2006, 01:04 PM
:rotfl:

Molly grabs her Baby Bear and goes to her crate when she's in trouble.
Guess she figure's she'll be there awhile and needs something to play with, either that or ...hey I'm in trouble, so are you:confused: