View Full Version : I'm getting worried and just a little scared

Frzframe
09-06-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm bringing Rocky home tomorrow so I decided to look up information on after treatment care for parvo. UGH one site said I need to keep him separated from the other dogs for a month. :faint: I have to make sure everyone has had their shots for parvo (which I only really am worried about one that might need his second booster shots).

Anyone had exprience with fostering a dog that is just getting over parvo? :confused:

Patt
09-06-2006, 01:09 AM
No experience here. I would definitely ask your vet before bringing him home!

Parvo is much more common in puppies than it is in adult dogs. Also it is highly contagious to unprotected dogs. Possibly it would be better to get all your furkids another Parvo vax before bringing the pup home. Best leave it up to your vets recommendations. :goodluck: and keep us updated.

Alex's Mom
09-06-2006, 06:14 AM
ITA with Patt, Shonda. See what your vet says. I think I'd probably want to keep them apart for at least a week anyway, if for no other reason than to give little Rocky some time to gain strength without the others pestering him. You are SUCH an :angel7: for giving this little guy a fighting chance. :hug99::hug99::hearts: :hearts:

Tex
09-06-2006, 07:36 AM
No great advice, but some extra healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Rocky and a big :hug99: for you for all you are doing to help him!