PDA

View Full Version : Omg Worms!!!

Mommy2Molly
09-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Lastnight Molly wasn't acting like she felt well and greeted daddy when he got home but no fetch down the hallway or anything of the sort. Her poo doo had been soft yesterday and her belly was making noise lastnight(scared the bajeebers outta Molly when it rumbled). So I gave her some pepto and she seemed fine and we went to sleep. Well, this morning she vomited mucus with alot of strings off of my bathroom rug (threw that thing away) but it had a WORM in it. I ran to the computer and researched and it looks just like the pictures of a round worm. How in the world? She's had all her shots and has been wormed and everything. Anyone have any advice? Why would she vomit up a worm?

Tex
09-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Sounds like a trip to the vet is in order! I'm no worm expert, but I would take her in. Sending Molly some feel better :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: .

areese
09-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Take her and the worm to the vet. I'm sure it can be easily remedied.

oceangirls
09-07-2006, 09:49 AM
I agree - I'd take her and the worm in to the vet! She might have just found a worm and eaten it (as opposed to actually being infected by worms) but in this case I think a vet's opinion would be good.

Sorry about your rug. I notice they always prefer to vomit on rugs instead of things that are easy to clean... :rolleyes:

Chris
09-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Could she possibly have caught something from your new baby?

worms take time to incubate and at the shelter they might not have checked or could not foresee into the future when they showed up

Tex
09-07-2006, 09:51 AM
I notice they always prefer to vomit on rugs instead of things that are easy to clean... :rolleyes:
Yeah, what's up with that?:scratch: I mean, on the up side, you can throw out the rug whereas if it's on the carpet you kinda have to find a way to get it good and clean, but what gives??? I actually like my rugs!

LUVMYGUNNER
09-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Is she on any kind of heartworm medicine? I think that is supposed to help.

Patt
09-07-2006, 12:49 PM
ITA with the advice. A vet visit is in order, please take the worm with you so the vet can identify it and prescribe the correct deworm meds. Do not use OTC worm medicine. :goodluck: and keep us posted.

Bella's Mom
09-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Keep us posted! Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: coming her way!

Mommy2Molly
09-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Well I took molly and worm to the vet today. It is round worms he says which is common in puppies. So he gave her meds and she's doing WONDERFUL now. I also took Sir Luvie just to be safe.

LUVMYGUNNER:Is she on any kind of heartworm medicine? I think that is supposed to help.

Yes I have them both on meds for heartworms and fleas prevention.

Thanks again everyone! I'm just glad she's doing better now. I love my baby so much.

Frzframe
09-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm glad you got this all sorted out. Worms are so gross and no fun at all. yucky!!

Mommy2Molly
09-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes they are really gross.
They look like they're waving at you. YUCK!

Patt
09-07-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm glad Molly has meds to get rid of those mean ugly worms. :appl: :banana:

I have Trixie on the montly HW preventative "Sentinel". Besides preventing HW it also helps control flea population and adult hookworm infection. It removes & controls adult roundworm and whipworms infections in dogs and puppies.

Romandachs
09-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Did the Vet give you worm meds for approx. 3 weeks down the road? If not, go get a dose for then and mark your calendar. FWIW, Heartworm meds "Help" with the worms, if it is Heartguard Plus or Interceptor, however, They are not 100%, so a fecal twice a year or wormings (extra) twice a year are in order. If you do the fecal and they are negative, they are fine, if you do the fecal and they have worms, plan to do the two dose, 3 weeks apart treatments.