PDA

View Full Version : Max, my little devil, has struck again

blueyezz74
09-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Yesterday Butch called out sick from work. The dogs were quiet so he went to look for them. He looked under the bed and saw Harley but no Max. He did however see the material on the bottom of the box spring shredded and hanging down. He realized that Max was up in the box spring. He tried to call him down but Max didn't come. He had to take off the mattress and flip over the box spring to get Max out. :shocked:

Since he was going to Home Depot yesterday he got a staple gun and stapled the fabric back on. Well last night, it was torn down again to the point where you couldn't staple it. I told Butch that I would go to the fabric store and get some heavy fabric to stable on there to try to keep him from ripping it again. :pray:

Anyone want a devil dog??? :evilgrin:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
09-12-2006, 10:45 AM
sounds like someone needs a babygate.

Alex's Mom
09-12-2006, 10:47 AM
And the question I always ask when faced with similar things courtesy Alex, is "WHY?!? Why do they do these things??? I mean really, a box spring? He couldn't just chew the rug?? (I'm speaking from experience here....:rotfl::rotfl:) :scratch: Hope Max sees the light...:tempted:

blueyezz74
09-12-2006, 11:04 AM
We do have babygates and use them quite alot. They like being under the bed so we didn't think there would be a problem with that!

Jen
09-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I think maybe really heavy canvas on the mattress and maybe a blanket or snuggle sack under the bed so Max has his own spot to burrow that's not IN the mattress!! Ah, the joys of puppyhood....:rotfl: :rotfl:

jenfer
09-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I would say not letting them in the bedroom when you are not around? But that does sound funny. heh heh.

Lisa
09-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Have you been having thunderstorms during the day? I am wondering if he is burrowing to feel secure from something?

blueyezz74
09-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Nope no thunderstorms. I do believe that Butch was also in the room when it happened. He was probably too busy reading football articles on the computer. He lives, eats and sleeps football. :conf4:

Ahhh, somehow is is MY fault even though I was at work. Men!. :confused: :scratch: :conf3:

Tex
09-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Nope no thunderstorms. I do believe that Butch was also in the room when it happened. He was probably too busy reading football articles on the computer. He lives, eats and sleeps football. :conf4:

Ahhh, somehow is is MY fault even though I was at work. Men!. :confused: :scratch: :conf3:

I SO hear you on the "men" frustration issue..........this has got to be the ultimate burrow story!!! Sending some box spring :bigrayz: ! Hope Max figures out a better (and more appropriate) place to dig.......

HotDogMama
09-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Maybe Harley tooted.......

quavec
09-12-2006, 01:44 PM
YIKES! :shocked: Would never think that inside the box spring would be a good burrowing place. :scratch: (must make sure Cricket is in another room when I tell this story to DH).

Lots of boxspring :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

lotsadox
09-12-2006, 02:13 PM

It's always OUR fault according to men. :scratch: I've never figured that one out. Some guy logic involved there.

Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Hopefully you can find some heavy twill or denim to use on the boxspring. That would be harder to shred.

blueyezz74
09-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe Harley tooted.......

BBHAAAHHHAAAWWWAAA!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i'd do the same to get away from that fog butt

blueyezz74
09-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Hopefully you can find some heavy twill or denim to use on the boxspring. That would be harder to shred.

I was thinking burlap but didn't know where to get that. These are really good suggestions.

Rae
09-12-2006, 04:10 PM
if its any consolation- I once misplaced HRH up in the guts of the recliner. Thank dog she has tags on her collar that jingle. she got up in the guts- if I had sat down she would have been injured.
Oh the things they do!

hang in there!

Linus
09-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Bailey says digging into the box springs is fun! He did it almost as soon as I inherited the bed from a former roommate. He never crawled up inside it, but there certainly isn't any fabric left on the bottom. Crazy dog.

Patt
09-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Sorry about that. Our cats tore up the bottom of our old bed. I just ripped the rest of it off.

Mama S.
09-15-2006, 09:02 PM
PJ eats in his recliner. Daily I move it to vacuum the grocery store out from underneath it. SOme days Hershey goes "shopping" as the back of the recliner has a velcro panel:rotfl: :rotfl: So far he only shops and doesn't try and eat the recliner!! We have to be VEWY careful with the recliner!
Mama