PDA

View Full Version : Going to Buda!!

Lisa
09-14-2006, 09:58 PM
I know it is really far away, but Rafi and I have decided to go and visit our Texas buddies and go to Buda April 28 & 29, 2007.

We are going to be staying at the Holiday Inn (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/ausnw?_requestid=1680487) in Austin, TX (it was really hard to find a pet friendly hotel!).

And here is the link to Buda (http://www.budalionsclub.com/). We will only be bringing Pixel and Pogo will stay with my parents.

Linus
09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
WOO HOOO!!!!!!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
09-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Lisa this is so exciting!!! You are welcome to save some money and stay with us. No hotel or rent car needed...then you could bring both the puppers!!

And you should have hollered sooner. I could so help you find anything here. There are several pet friendly hotels...but our guestroom is the cheapest! Anything else you need?

At the very least we will have a party at my house...all the DLC welcome!!! My birthday is the 28th of April so we can do a combo meetup and birthday party!

Courtney
09-15-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm very excited you are coming!! But - I wasn't planning on going next year. Guess I have to now!! :D

lizzieb38
09-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Gosh I wish I could go too!!!!

Tex
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh OH, count me in!!!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!!!! I can't wait!!! Lisa and Rafi are comin' to Austin.

Tex
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Gosh I wish I could go too!!!!

You should come down!!!! It's gonna be awesome!!!!!!

Lisa
09-15-2006, 12:41 PM
I may have spoken too fast. Due to lawsuits people are not allowed to have dogs in the cabins in Canada anymore (People with allergies). So I am going to see what we can get out of Buffalo. Otherwise, we might not make it. :sosad:

Tex
09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
I may have spoken too fast. Due to lawsuits people are not allowed to have dogs in the cabins in Canada anymore (People with allergies). So I am going to see what we can get out of Buffalo. Otherwise, we might not make it. :sosad:

Oh no!!! Sending mega big travel :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: hoping that is all works out!!!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
09-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Isn't there a DLC member in Buffalo? At the very least I bet they would keep your puppers while you were close by...

Tex
09-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Isn't there a DLC member in Buffalo? At the very least I bet they would keep your puppers while you were close by...

Good thinkin' Z!!!!!!

Lisa
09-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Even United Airlines has changed it's flying with pets policy. It seems people have sued because they have had allergy attacks while flying (and won the suits). So this may affect more than just me. There is no direct Buffalo/Dallas flights (we are spending 2 nights there). But there is out of Detroit on American Airlines (their website still shows pets are allowed in cabin). I am going to call American tonight and confirm he will be able to go in cabin with us. If so I will book that and then just spend a night in Detroit. All my hotels in Dallas and Austin are confirmed, so it would big time suck if we can't go.

Pixel came to us in a cargo hold of a plane and I would NEVER EVER EVER subject him to that again. So either he flys with us in the cabin or we don't get to go.

We are not bringing Pogo just because he doesn't enjoy meetups at all, isn't social with other dogs and dog people don't really take to him, because he doesn't like their babies. He really will enjoy spending time with my parents.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
09-15-2006, 01:06 PM
What about JetBlue? I know they do Direct from Austin to Buffalo... I am sure they prolly do Dallas to... but hey if not, Dallas is only a 3 hour drive and you could borrow my car...

Also La Quinta hotels just announced a deal where if you have a petsmart card, you can get a 15% discount on their rates... did I mention that already?

Also where in Dallas is your hotel. As Courtney and I can confirm, there are some area's you wont want to stay in?

The hotel you showed in Austin is in a nice area...but seriously, my guestroom is free and we have a very comfie guestbed...

Tex
09-15-2006, 01:09 PM
I hope everything works out Lisa!!!! If you get to TX, we'll get to you!

Lisa
09-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Okay, we are BOOKED, I was going to do it yet as I'm still paying off our NYC trip, but I had to get it done, since the hotels already were booked.

We are going American Airlines out of Toronto into Dallas staying in Dallas 2 nights and then driving to Austin and staying there for 3 nights. Maybe if Linsey needs a ride we will pick her up on our way :D

lotsadox
09-15-2006, 02:05 PM
What fun! I'm gonna have to talk the dh into going. It's about 3 hours from our house. Hmmm. . . I've never stayed in a hotel with the dogs. I wonder how barky they'll be. Cash would be the best dog to bring, but he's really barky. Of course, I have trouble getting the dh to commit to something a week away, much less months away. :rolleyes:

Tex
09-15-2006, 02:20 PM
What fun! I'm gonna have to talk the dh into going. It's about 3 hours from our house. Hmmm. . . I've never stayed in a hotel with the dogs. I wonder how barky they'll be. Cash would be the best dog to bring, but he's really barky. Of course, I have trouble getting the dh to commit to something a week away, much less months away. :rolleyes:

Oh Patrice I hope you can make it! This is so exciting!!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
09-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Any and all dogs are welcome to spend part of all of their vacation at our home. No matter if their hooman does or not...

Tex
09-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Ok, so how many DLCers can make it to Buda next April??? Need to see how much of a jump shot I need to get on makin' jello shots!!!!!

mydachsies
09-15-2006, 02:25 PM
:cheer2: :hula1: :banana: I am looking forward to meeting you and Rafi both!Finally!!!I will be taking Calvin and Chance and Charlie.Maybe I will take O.C. but it will be for show cause he doesn't really race.

Yolanda
09-15-2006, 03:19 PM
ME ME ME

I am planning on coming. With or without dogs is the question.

Lisa
09-15-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm very excited you are coming!! But - I wasn't planning on going next year. Guess I have to now!! :D Oh yes Courtney!! Since I know we aren't going to get you to Ohio, and I NEED to see my little 'Po and Thorball. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

catstamm
09-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Hummmmmm :scratch: :scratch: Texas in April hummmm:scratch:

Fluffy
09-15-2006, 04:07 PM
I can't say just yet if I'll be there or not, but I am certainly hoping to go!! (Besides, I KNOW if I dont', Linsey will kick my hiney!!!) I really really hope it works out that I can go too and meet all the Texas folk!!!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
09-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Alright... someone coming is free to claim our guestroom. So if you can afford the plane ticket but not room and car...well we can work all that out. With my mother living next door we have 3 cars at our service (heck we might even have a second guest or third guestroom (we can always put an airbed in Michael's or mom's workroom...

I am so excited!!!! :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3::bounce4::bounce5: :bounce6:

Courtney
09-15-2006, 10:32 PM
I am excited!!! You can come visit our zoo, Lisa. Where in Dallas are you staying? (I'd offer you my guest room, but we don't have one! :rotfl: )

Anatresia
09-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Geez. I read this late.

If you ever needed a babysitter in Buffalo, you KNOW I would offer and be quite good at it (have you seen how fat and spoiled my two are?)

I wish I could go to Buda, but it's the same month as our cruise and there is NO way I can get time off from work the same month AND get Paul to allow me to spend more money on vacation so soon together.:sosad: Maybe 2008! He has relatives in Texas somewhere I'm sure we could stay with for a few nights. (Although they're weird.)

Mr. Butters would love to ride on a plane, but I would have to leave my Spaz dog home.:rotfl:

Lisa
09-15-2006, 11:19 PM
We are staying here (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/DALBR) Courtney. Definitely we want to visit the Zoo (formerly known as the Homer House Zoo).

JanUet
09-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Sadly, I cannot go :pout:
First, I don't think I could get the time off.
Secondly, I have a horrible fear of flying --due to all the krazy stuff that is happening in the world.
Thirdly, and the most important issue ----Money is tight!

I hope everyone has a great time and takes lots of pics! :D

Anatresia
09-16-2006, 11:55 AM
That's okay, Janet- come down to Buffalo for the day and we'll have a pity party here!:sosad:

lotsadox
10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Buda just happened to come up in conversation today. :scratch: (I didn't bring it up either). It looks like we're going up for a day. It's only about a 2 hour drive so it won't be bad to drive up and back in one day. It'll also save having to have a petsitter and board Scooter overnite. I'm hoping to see everyone there. What fun! :banana: :hearts: :banana:

Tex
10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah!!!! Patrice is coming to Buda!!!!!!!
:banana20: :banana20: :banana20:

Two Red Smooth's
10-25-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm about 25 miles south of Buda if a place is needed to stay, however I can't offer a car at this time (as it'll probably be with me at work:() I can offer a doxie welcomed smoke free home with it's own guest room.

lotsadox
10-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the offer. You're so sweet. We'll probably just drive up for a day. With the 5 dogs, more than a day trip gets very involved. Scooter has to be crated when we aren't there and so has to go to the kennel and I have to get a pet sitter for the others that we don't take with us. Also, I've never stayed anywhere but at home with mine and have no idea how they'll behave. Thanks again. DLCer's are the best! :banana: :hearts: :banana:

Tex
10-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the offer. You're so sweet. We'll probably just drive up for a day. With the 5 dogs, more than a day trip gets very involved. Scooter has to be crated when we aren't there and so has to go to the kennel and I have to get a pet sitter for the others that we don't take with us. Also, I've never stayed anywhere but at home with mine and have no idea how they'll behave. Thanks again. DLCer's are the best! :banana: :hearts: :banana:

Are you bringing any dog with you, or are they all going to hang in H-town???? Just wondering.......

lotsadox
10-25-2006, 09:18 AM
We'll probably bring one or two (depends on whether the dh wants to be responsible for one of them all day :rolleyes: ) most likely Cash and/or Miller, but possibly Scooter. It will depend on how Scooter is doing with his socialization by then. :rotfl: :rotfl:

laura
10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Todd and I want to come too. Is there an official sign up site? And where do us out of towners stay?

Lisa
10-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Laura, I posted the links where we are staying in the first post, but you can do your own search too for Buda, TX

lotsadox
10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Here's the website for Buda, Laura. It has info about the fair, wiener races, etc. Just click on the wiener dog races and and new window will pop up with info.

Buda, TX (http://www.budatx.com/)

Tex
10-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Todd and I want to come too. Is there an official sign up site? And where do us out of towners stay?
Oh I hope you can come!!!! The link that Patrice posted should get you all the right info. There are lots of great places to stay in Austin, and I think Zandra may have a spare room :scratch: . I would offer you a room, if we didn't live in a one bedroom apartment!!!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
10-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh I hope you can come!!!! The link that Patrice posted should get you all the right info. There are lots of great places to stay in Austin, and I think Zandra may have a spare room :scratch: . I would offer you a room, if we didn't live in a one bedroom apartment!!!

I do... and dogs stay free <grin>(so do people)