PDA

View Full Version : A vet against over-vacinations!!!

Tex
09-15-2006, 09:52 AM
This was really cool!!! I was just sitting here catching up on new stuff on the DLC and I have the tv on in the background. I don't even know what channel it's on. All of a sudden they're doing a story on this vet out in Plano, TX who is totally holistic!!! They actually have an interview with the guy where he talks about not over-vacinating your pet, stating that all the vaccinations have been proven linked to an increase in pet cancers!!!! This is really weird timeing bc I just dropped Julie at the vet for her comprehensive exam and the vet tech. kept lookin' at me like I was stupid or something when I kept declining the shots she said Julie needed (i.e. Lepto, etc.) We always stay away from the Lepto 'cause of an allergic reaction my dad's doxie had to that. I just thought that it was really neat that a vet was highly supportive of hollistic medicine for dogs and wasn't opposed to saying so on tv.!!!!!!!!!

Courtney
09-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah the guy you're talking about is Dr. Shawn Messioner and he's known as a quack around here.

lotsadox
09-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, I"m glad the message is getting out even if the messenger is less than optimal. :rolleyes: Over-vaccination has been linked to a variety of auto-immune conditions in animals as well as the known allergic reactions. Same is happening with children. There are a lot of cases of autism and extreme allergic reactions linked to vaccination in children. They give little babies a TON of stuff now. Not unlike vaccinating a 10 lb dog for 6 (or whatever it is) different things at one visit. That's a lot of toxin for a small system to deal with. :shocked:

Tex
09-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah the guy you're talking about is Dr. Shawn Messioner and he's known as a quack around here.
Interesting.........see, just goes to show that you can't believe anything on the news anymore........

Laurie' s Dachshunds
09-15-2006, 10:15 AM
My vet is oppossed to giving annual "boosters" He said that the only dogs that need to vaccinated that often are show dogs.
Mine are vaccinated as pups & get "boosters" every 2-3 yrs.

Tex
09-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Well, I"m glad the message is getting out even if the messenger is less than optimal. :rolleyes: Over-vaccination has been linked to a variety of auto-immune conditions in animals as well as the known allergic reactions. Same is happening with children. There are a lot of cases of autism and extreme allergic reactions linked to vaccination in children. They give little babies a TON of stuff now. Not unlike vaccinating a 10 lb dog for 6 (or whatever it is) different things at one visit. That's a lot of toxin for a small system to deal with. :shocked:

Very well put!!!!!!!!

Patt
09-15-2006, 11:11 AM
At least he's putting the idea of over vaccinating pets to the public. :appl:

Chris
09-15-2006, 11:20 AM
i was surprised to learn that the 3 year rabies shot is the same dosage as the annual one. Up north we only were required to do the 3 year. Here we had to do it every year but they passed the motion that its only required to do it every 3 years. You bet this year i said "3 year please!"

Chris