View Full Version : Lil' Smokey update

Laurie' s Dachshunds
09-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Yesterday I gave him a little water & then told DH to make him rice & give him a few spoons of it. I called home after a few hrs & DH said he' s playing & doing OK.When I came home from work last night Lil' Smokey has used the puppy pad, loose stool and he threw up rice. He didn' t even get up to come see me.
I called DH, who was on his job, and said Lil' Smokey looks the same to me as this a.m....not playing or anything.....
Well, DH gave him rice 3x yesterday because "he was hungry" filling his stomach.
I told him it was too much, too soon. So today I made him Chicken flavor Ramen noodles & so far he' s doing great!:banana:

oceangirls
09-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Be careful with the Ramen noodles; they are usually full of fat which would just irritate his stomach further. Honestly, I would probably go without food for 24 hours (trust me, he won't starve to death) and then try a TINY bit of plain rice, or Hill's Canine ID which should be available from the vet :)

more rayz :rayz::rayz::rayz:

Teddysmom
09-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Glad to hear he's feeling a little better. Sending some feel better :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the little guy and :pray:ing he will be back to normal very soon. :hug99: :hug99: for you as well.

Tex
09-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Sending some more feel better :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for 'Lil Smokey!

lotsadox
09-17-2006, 11:29 AM
ITA with Kim. A 24 hour fast and then plain rice is probably your best bet. VERY gradually increase the amt of rice and then add some chicken broth to it. Feeding too much too soon will just cause more problems.

Patt
09-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Great advice, I hope Lil Smokey is feeling better. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Bella's Mom
09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Hope Lil' Smokey is feeling better! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: