PDA

View Full Version : Missing Teeth

Mommy2Molly
09-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I know I'll sound silly here but....

Lastnight we were watching a movie and Molly had her baby bear and wanted to play. Hubby went to take take bear from her and I noticed a small spot of blood on the bear:huh: I grabbed Molly and started checking her out and learned she had 2 teeth missing in the frnt (1 on each side). Now my question is....did her teeth get yank out by accident or is she losing her baby teeth? Should I be taking her to the vet? Hubby keeps saying she's fine don't worry BUT I know he's probably just trying to calm me down because he know's I love Molly so much and if anything happened to her I would just make myself sick...

samandissy
09-18-2006, 08:38 AM
How old is Molly? I always try to recover baby teeth, but can never find them. If she isn't complaining and she is still under six months (I think that is the right age) she should be fine. Make sure she has a lot to chew on right now.

Mommy2Molly
09-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Molly will be 5 months on the 28th.
We've always made sure she's had plenty to chew on. I just hope I'm doing the right things.

samandissy
09-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Puppy teeth are fun, they grow in so fast, too. I haven't tried this as I don't have many young pups around, but I've heard of freezing a soft washcloth and letting them chew on it to get some comfort while teething.

Tex
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
ITA with Susie here. They also make special teething toys that you can put in the fridge/freezer!!!

catstamm
09-18-2006, 09:29 AM
I would say she is definitly losing her baby teeth...

HotDogMama
09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Yup, same thing happened to me with a sock, I was freakin out, "where'd she get a bloody sock" ?!?!? now its :duh: but scary then! Sometimes they don't all fall out, so you might want to keep an eye on them, but the vet should check them when you go to get her spayed :) I only got to keep one, I think she ate the rest! :rotfl:

Bella's Mom
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Yep, it sounds like the puppy teeth are going. I know I panicked the first time I saw the blood and teeth too! :shocked:

Patt
09-18-2006, 02:31 PM
No need to worry Molly is fine! Puppies start shedding their 'baby' teeth around 4 months and should have their permanent teeth by 8 months. Of course this varies with each dog and/or breed. Most deciduous teeth are swallowed while they are eating.

catstamm
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I have the upper and lower canines from Cami!!!! :hearts:

samandissy
09-18-2006, 03:40 PM
I have the upper and lower canines from Cami!!!! :hearts:

Were they really loose when you pulled them out w/pliers?:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

catstamm
09-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Were they really loose when you pulled them out w/pliers?:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Actually she was giving me kisses when 2 of them fell into her mouth.....the other 2 were with pliers :rotfl: :rotfl:

catstamm
09-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey CWDC....How come you don't reveal the city in CA you're in?......Are ya hiddin' from the coppers?????:rotfl: :rotfl:
Or just hidden from me????:rotfl: