PDA

View Full Version : Another Petsmart trip, another friend

Fluffy
12-24-2005, 02:04 AM
Today I went to Petsmart to do my Christmas shopping. While I was at the checkout, a lady came in with the most beautiful chocloate and carmel dachsie I have ever seen!! The lady couldn't get me checked out fast enough so I could go meet them! Keep in mind, I am not the kind of person just to walk up to random people however, this dog! OMG He is just GORGEOUS!! So as soon as I was checked out, I went and hunted her down. His name is Miles (I think) and he is just the sweetest little boy. She got him from the humane society and said as soon as she saw him, she had to have him. He was very calm and just wandering around sniffing, being SO GOOD!! I told her bout the DLC, and told her to pop on and join so we could set up a playdate. She said that would be cool so....JEN IF YOU ARE READING THIS JOIN ALREADY!!!! :) Buddy wants to play with your baby!!! :lama: (of course dummy me didn't give her my email or anything so I hope she checks the board out!!)

Patt
12-24-2005, 03:13 AM
A gorgeous pup like that at the Humane Society? What a lucky find, I do hope she joins so we can hear all about him. :banana:

Fluffy
12-24-2005, 11:09 AM
I know Patt!! Broke my heart to think of him there! I'm not sure why he was released to the HS, but she said he really didn't have any "problems." I really hope she joins too or I'll have to stake out Petsmart til I run into her again!!! I swear, I'm not a stalker!!!!!!!!

lotsadox
12-24-2005, 12:03 PM
That's great, Becca. It amazing the dogs that end up in shelters or the HS. We had one come into rescue here that came into the shelter as a stray, stayed her whole time and wasn't claimed and ended up in rescue. She was a beautiful 4 month old B/T LH. When they took her to be spayed they discovered she already was! I couldn't believe that such a beautiful dog that was obviously someone's pet could end up in a shelter and not be claimed. Even though it seems totally amazing, it happens.:conf3:

Jen
12-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I hope she joins. So many people have the idea that shelter dogs are old and there's something "wrong" with them. Not true at all! Why so many young dogs end up at the shelters? Well, it does take a lot of time and patience to deal with a puppy...maybe the owners didn't know how big of a committment it would be? :sosad:

JanUet
12-24-2005, 03:20 PM
What great news! I hope she joins! I'd like to see Miles (i think)!

No Becca, Your not a stalker..........You just like to show male stangers your better assets. :rotfl:

SusanF
12-24-2005, 04:11 PM
That is how Grettas Mommy and Daddy got her..Becky's sister found Gretta through our local humane society. Fortunately it worked out well and she is in a loving home. Now Gretta and my Ilsa are good pals.:hearts:

Fluffy
12-24-2005, 07:26 PM
You just like to show male stangers your better assets. :rotfl:

HAHA Janet. You're funny. I'm glad that my misfortune is amuzing to you!! :lol: