View Full Version : Just dropped Aurora off

Mama S.
09-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Guess babies coming finally put some sense in her Daddy's head. Our lil girl is getting spayed today. She was NOT a happy camper when Nana dropped her off!!
Did find out something interesting - don't kow whether it's new or not but was told that vets in the deep south are now recommending HW checks every 6 months even on preventative.... our skeeters are bbaaddd!!
Mama

quavec
09-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Good spay :bigrayz: for Aurora.

I didn't know that about he HW tests. Will have to check out our vet to see if they recommend that too. Our skeeters are nasty down here.

lizzieb38
09-19-2006, 10:35 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Aurora. She will be in my thoughts along with Clo.

lotsadox
09-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Aurora.

I hadn't heard about heartworm checks every 6 months. I wonder if they really need this or if this is just a way for vets for make up for the loss of income because people are vaccinating as often or as many types of vaccination. :conf4:

catstamm
09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Aurora.

I hadn't heard about heartworm checks every 6 months. I wonder if they really need this or if this is just a way for vets for make up for the loss of income because people are vaccinating as often or as many types of vaccination. :conf4:

Interesting thought Patrice :scratch:
Lots of spay :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Aurora and Mama too:hug99:

HotDogMama
09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Spay rays for Aurora!!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Teddysmom
09-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Spay :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the little lady. Hopefully things will go smoothly. :hug99: :hug99: for mom too.

Mama S.
09-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Just got off the phone with Doc - she is fine, has to stay overnight she was his last surgery and he wants to watch her - she was hating me this morning. She's really gonna be hating me when she comes home. She is officially a a member of the fat dog club. She has to drop a couple of pounds - she weighed 17 pounds this morning. Good thing I didn't bet on her weight - you could have knocked me over with a feather when he told me how heavy she was. She is the smallest of my herd and I would have never guessed her to be over maybe 11 or 12 pounds. SHe does not look heavy but "feels" solid as a rock. Oh well, as the weather is cooling doown - we are all going to start walkies this week. Now if I can just get some volunteers to help with the herd!!
mama

Anatresia
09-19-2006, 05:26 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Aurora's recovery and the the weight loss. She and Butters can be "weight loss pals". He's been working on his figure, too. :)

Actually, he's had walks every day for two weeks with his grandparents who aren't stopping at their house afterwards to feed him!!! He gets a half a biscuit at the end for all his hard work and that's it!

Good luck- the weight loss thing is hard and it might be harder after the spay, or is that just a rumor?

quavec
09-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Glad the vet said she is okay. and that he is keeping her overnight. I always feel better after they've been at the vet's through the night.

Good luck getting her weight down (says the momma of a 18 lb Cricket).

jenfer
09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Sending more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Miss Aurora.

JanUet
09-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Miss Aurora may be mad at you tomorrow but will thank you for the rest of her life! :hearts: :hearts:

I'm glad that the doc kept her overnight and that she is recovering from her surgery. :hug99: :hug99:

Tex
09-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Sending fast recovery :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Aurora and putting some extra cushiony insoles in da mail for Mama!!!! We're officially joining this club too. Julie is on a wonderful green bean and a little bit of kibble diet. I'm going to see how much her prescription food is tomorrow, and get it if I can swing it. If not, have to wait until Mon. when I get more $$$. Planning a good long walkie this evening (when it's cooler!). I would help ya walk the herd Mama!!! Just need a plane ticket.......:scratch:

Patt
09-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Sending quick healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Aurora. She'll be sleeping lots tonight and be back to normal by the time you pick her up.

Perhaps the reason for HW tests every six months is b/c HW is running rampant in the southern states. :scratch:
That would be practicing good medicine.

K2
09-19-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm glad he came to his senses and even more glad that she's doing well. Sending healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Aurora!

Bella's Mom
09-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Glad to hear everything went well! Sending lots of recovery :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Aurora's way!