PDA

View Full Version : Explain this one to me

Courtney
09-24-2006, 09:32 AM
So, of course, dogs don't understand the concept of sleeping in on weekends - although I swear Napoleon used to. So there's barking and whining at 7 am. I get up and let everyone out, dole out the necessary medications, start a load of laundry. I am now sitting on the couch with the laptop and everyone who could not wait to get up is now....SLEEPING!!!!!! :rotfl:

lotsadox
09-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Oh, yes, I know that one. Mine now are great to sleep in on the weekends. No one wakes mom until she's ready. But I used to have one that couldn't wait to get me up at 6:00 on the weekends (just like during the week) and then she would go back to sleep! :rolleyes:

areese
09-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Mine are the same way...Or Laika is, anyway. Stands on my chest and stares at me at about 6:30. If I refuse to move she throws herself down with a huge sigh. IF I make the mistake of opening my eyes she goes crazy licking my face and inside my EARS and I can't escape. Owen thinks we all sleep until I SAY something. Which is usually me yelling at Laika to quit it. Then all is lost and I might as well get up. Then after the joyous going outside and happy happy eating breakfast, they are all back to sleep. Still are asleep right now.

JanUet
09-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I don't have that problem here.
When I get up at 5am to get ready for work I hear them all groaning in my bed to either hurry up or shut off the light.
Doug gets up at 9 am and takes them for their walk.
We always have to pull Casey off the bed! :rotfl: place him on the floor and make him walk around in a drunken stupor until he is awake enough to go for a walk
On the week-ends, they sleep in until I get up.....which is usually before 9am.
Sophie & Abby are always ready to go for a walk. Casey...well, I don't think it will ever change *sigh*

catstamm
09-24-2006, 10:19 AM
I hear ya :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Everyone was up at 6 am....potty, breakfast....now I'm the only one awake...thank doG for the DLC :rotfl: :rotfl:
Cami is the only pup that sleeps in....a princess needs her beauty sleep

Patt
09-24-2006, 01:12 PM
:rotfl: that reminds me of the time when I had 3 puppers. I just couldn't get their wake up time to change no matter what. So I decided to get up (6am) let them out to potty, feed them and go back to bed. Eveyone slept for hours after that. :banana: :goodluck:
Fortunately Trixie likes to sleep in.

Otto'sMom
09-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Same story here: Dolly used to wake me and my ex-boyfriend up early on the weekends, just so she could sleep by us downstairs watching TV.:rolleyes:
If I don't get up to release the hounds, there will be wet spots to greet me.

jenfer
09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Another good thing Gi sleeps in her own room (aka: her crate), I can usually wake up whenever I want to. :D Like today... after 9. :banana:

Jen
09-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Tasha tends to be up between 6 nd 7. If we're lucky she'll let us ignore the shaking, scratching etc and will go back to bed till 8. Except on vacation--then she's too tired to be up that early!

oceangirls
09-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Cassie gets up about 6:30 and wants to be fed. Then she wants to go back to sleep. I have to get up between 6:30-7 for work anyway, so I just do the same on weekends and then we all go back to bed :rolleyes:

Tex
09-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Since I have to be up at 5 am (at the latest) during the week for work, the pups are usually up early on the weekends. The trick in our house is the alarm clock. If I'm trying to sleep in, I try to keep the dogs up a little later the night before, and then turn off the alarm.....usually buys me an extra hour!!!!!!

quavec
09-25-2006, 01:18 PM
That's my daughter's job - to let Cricket out. He knows this and bothers her at 7am :rotfl:

Then, SHE comes in my room and wakes me up to fix HER and my son breakfast :rolleyes:

Mama S.
09-26-2006, 07:25 PM
7 days a week - get up Mom!!! Must go outside see if there are any bad leaves trying to sneak into the yard!! Once we know that all is well - we get a cookie then it's back to sleep for them and off to get ready for work for me! Weekends I beg them to sleep longer _ NOPE!!!
Mama