View Full Version : ACK! Not again! FLEAS!!!!!!!

Fluffy
09-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Ok, so we have fleas. I need to know what to do to get them out of the house!! I know giving the dogs baths will help, but not if there are still fleas in the carpet and obviously all the linens need washing. Has anyon ever used flea bombs before? What kind should I get? How long do the puppers have to be out of the house? This sucks!! I feel bad because they are so dang itchy!!

catstamm
09-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Oh NO....we have been lucky and haven't seen fleas in a couple of years.....The bombs work great, I don't know if one brand is better than the other....try RAID! Good luck itchy:shocked:

Yolanda
09-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Yuck, I hate fleas. With all of the fosters I have coming and going you never know when they will show up.

I use the Ortho Brand. The dogs and people have to be out a minumin of 4 hours.

Vacumn the rugs before and after you bomb. Then thow out the vacumn bag.

Repeat the entire process in 2 weeks.

Patt
09-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Good advice given, I don't use the bombs any more. I use Siphotrol Area spray. Whatever you do, repeat the process in 2 weeks as Yolanda suggested.

Have you been applying Advantage (or whatever you use) on the dogs every 30 days? This usually helps keep them under control. Another product is Program which you put in their food once a month. It sterilizes the eggs so you break the flea life cycle. If you have lots of fleas, bathing, vacuuming and using the combo of Program, Advantage plus area spraying should get it under control. :goodluck:

lotsadox
09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I used RAID bombs this year and they worked great. They're supposed to get rid of fleas for 7 months. I bombed the house in July and still don't have any fleas. The added bonus is that they kill other bugs, too. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tex
09-25-2006, 07:49 AM
I don't have any suggestions that haven't been mentioned already, but sending big anti-flea :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: !!!!