View Full Version : Buddy's ears

Fluffy
09-24-2006, 10:28 PM
We will be going to the vet tomorrow (provided they can get us in) for Buddy's ears. When I got home from work today, I noticed his ear flaps, not the insides, were heavier and thicker than normal. There seems to be fluid inside them both, which has led me (and a few others) to think it might be hematomas (sp?). I did give him a benedryl, but so far not too much has changed. His right ear isn't as bad as the left, and it seems the "swelling" feeling has gone down, slightly. However, the left ear has not changed at all. It seemed fuller and thicker and heavier than the right one. I'll call the vet in the morning and :pray: they can get us in tomorrow evening, and if not, then we are going first thing Tues am. (I'm not trying to put it off, but there is no way I can get out of work, unfortunately.) I will keep you's posted on how he's doing in the morning and when we know something from the vet.

Goob
09-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Oh Buddy! You need some :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and but :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for Bex!!!!!

Otto'sMom
09-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Good luck and anti ear swelling :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to your Buddy :hearts:

Patt
09-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Many healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: on the way for Buddy.
I doubt that Benedryl will help hematomas. :hug99:
:goodluck: on the vet visit, I doubt they will make you wait until Tuesday. :crossfin:

Fluffy
09-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Some of you will remember a few months back me posting about my neighbor Lora, and her dog BJ...who had suffered from hematomas. Well, I just heard her outside, and took Buddy out for her to take a look at and she said his ears feel very much like BJ's did when he had his issues. She gave me her vet's card, and I will be calling them tomorrow fisrt ting to get an appointment for him. She said they can drain them, and probably will do so at least once before resorting to surgery. My poor wil baby :sosad:

HotDogMama
09-24-2006, 11:39 PM
How scary!! :shocked: Lots of rays for Buddy's ears :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and a :bighug: to mama!!

Tex
09-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Sending lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Buddy and big :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you Becca!!!!!!

areese
09-25-2006, 07:44 AM
That's scary!!! Poor Buddy! Poor Becca! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that they can fix him right up.

Fluffy
09-25-2006, 08:07 AM
I got him in to Lora's vet tonight at 6:15. I'll update you's when we get home!!! Thanks for the rayz, I'm really freaking out here!!!

lotsadox
09-25-2006, 08:59 AM
I"m so :sorry: about Buddy's ears. Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and I'll be watching for the update later.

catstamm
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Oh my goodness....I've never heard of that!!!!! Good luck to poor buddy :hug99:

Fluffy
09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Well we are back from the vet. She does nto believe its hematomas from the placement of the swelling. She feels it is more of an allergic reaction. She gave us prednisone and am to start him on that (very low dose). I am to call Weds morning to give her an update and go from there. We also got frontline for the stupid fleas, which I will give them tomorrow after their bath. Buddy also got his anals done for the first time. He was SO GOOD!! He didn't wiggle or make a huge scene or anything!! We are DEFINITELY going to Petsmart on Friday after I get paid!! :woohoo: Thanks for all those magical rayz! They really helped!!

Patt
09-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad it's not hematomas. :appl:
More quick healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Buddy's ear flaps. I hope Pred does the trick.

Read your instructions on Frontline to see how long they recommend you wait to apply on dogs after bath. With Advantage you need to wait 24 hours.

What are you purchasing at Petsmart? :scratch:

HotDogMama
09-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Glad to hear it's not the hematomas!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Blow a kiss to his ears for me!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: lots of rays that the medicine works!!

lotsadox
09-25-2006, 10:28 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I'm glad that it wasn't hematomas. Pebbles had allergies once that manifested themselves in itchy, swollen ears. But the skin on hers got very thick and kind of scaly so I didn't think that Buddy's sounded the same. Hopefully, he'll be fine soon. :banana: :hearts: :banana: