PDA

View Full Version : Abby & Nathan's annual Check-up

phoria2
09-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Abby and Nate had their 1 yr. check ups on Friday and thankfully all is well!! :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:
Little Miss Abby is a dainty 7.7lbs and Mr Nate is a strapping 10.4lbs. A little on the skinny side but my vet said she'd rather have them a bit under-weight than over. Everyone did very with the shots. Poor Abby was like a martyr as the vet tech held her, she was shaking and gave me the "look at what they're doing to me!!" eyes. Her poor bum was tender the rest of the night. She wanted to be close to me but didn't want to be touched. She had the saddest most confused look. :sosad: Like she could not understand why she could not get comfortable. She didn't even slept in the bed that night. I felt soooo guilty!! But the next day all was well and she was back to her spunky (and slightly loud) self.

oceangirls
09-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Awww :hearts: poor dogs... my girls went for their annual a week ago. They weren't very happy about the experience either! I know what you mean about the "martyred" look :D.

HotDogMama
09-25-2006, 03:22 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: YAY for good check-ups!! Glad to hear everything went well!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Patt
09-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Aww no dog or cat likes vet visits. :D It's good to hear Miss Abby and Nate are doing well. :appl: I'm with your vet on seeing Doxies on the slim side, it's so much better for their health.:banana:

catstamm
09-25-2006, 03:27 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: for the good check-ups!!!!
Shots in the rear???? That's a new one on me....poor baby...hope her bum is feeling better soon....:hearts: :hearts:

Lisa
09-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Glad it was a good vet visit!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Frzframe
09-25-2006, 06:45 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Great news!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tex
09-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Shots in the rear???? That's a new one on me....poor baby...hope her bum is feeling better soon....:hearts: :hearts:

I could be wrong, but maybe we're talkin' about tests done IN the rear :scratch: That would make any bum sore.......
Glad that everything went well. Hurray for good check ups!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Patt
09-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Shots in the rear???? That's a new one on me....poor baby...hope her bum is feeling better soon....:hearts: :hearts:One of the injections might have been an intramuscular vaccine. If so that's usually given into the thick muscles in the thigh.

Bella's Mom
09-26-2006, 02:25 PM
So glad to hear everything is A-Okay with Abby & Nathan!! :cheer2: