View Full Version : A S P C A success story of the week

Patt
09-25-2006, 02:44 PM
ASPCA SUCCESS STORY OF THE WEEK: CRUISIN’ TOGETHER
As an animal advocate who does work with Southern California Dachshund Rescue (SCDR), Randi Katz has heard lots of success stories—but none is sweeter than that of her last foster, Cruise.
This little guy was in bad shape when first brought to a shelter in Irvine. His original owner had used Cruise to teach pit bulls to fight, and the dog was suffering from multiple bite wounds, hair loss, skin lesions and a damaged tail. Adds Randi, “Along with all of this, he appeared to be aggressive—making him a strong candidate for euthanization.”
Luckily, someone at the Irvine shelter contacted SCDR, and Randi was asked to bring him to her home for some tender loving foster care. “But somewhere along the way, Cruise decided he was staying here,” laughs Randi, “and was accepted with open arms by all.”
Just one year after he came into Randi’s life, Cruise is able to wag his tail, and is having a wonderful time discovering tummy scratches and playing with toys. When the pair goes out, everyone thinks that Cruise is “just the cutest little thing.”
But best of all? “The joy and happiness in his face gives me the biggest thrill,” Randi says. “And to see that tail wag that they thought never would!”

:appl: :appl: :appl:

catstamm
09-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Beautiful story...brought tears to my eyes...what? No pics :sosad:

K2
09-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Great story!!! :appl: :thankyou: for sharing it, Patt!

Teddysmom
09-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Wow. Awesome sstory; brought tears to my eyes. Love happy endings like that one. That Randi certainly was an :angel7: .

Tex
09-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Beautiful story...brought tears to my eyes...what? No pics :sosad:
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto: What an awesome story!:hearts: