PDA

View Full Version : I can't buy what I can't find!!!!

Tex
09-26-2006, 12:50 PM
I have been trying for the past week to buy this prescription dog food that Julie got at her comprehensive exam. Turns out, every PetSmart is out!!!! It is a Royal Canin Calorie Control formula......so here's my new plan. I was going to put Julie and Jax on Wellness or Innova (not sure which one, have to go check them out) before the vet said that Julie should lose some weight. I've been feeding her a tiny bit of the Royal Canin that we still have with lots of green beans. I was waiting on $$$ so I could go get her prescription food. Well, since nobody seems to have any in stock........I figure I could just go ahead and get the Wellness or Innova and keep Julie on a smaller ration with the green beans for supplement. We're taking more and longer walkies, and I can't buy what isn't there. I'm fairly sure this will work well as a "plan B". I'm just so frustrated trying to find the right thing when nobody has it in stock!!!!!

Sidenote: I have been increasingly disappointed with Banfield and PetSmart lately. Julie's wellness plan expires in Feb. and we will not be renewing. I'm opening a savings account for surprise vet needs and the routine stuff like rabies shots and heartworm tests.......

lotsadox
09-26-2006, 01:01 PM
I think your plan will work just fine. Supplementing the diet with green beans for bulk and cutting down on the food has produced good results for me.

I think that starting a savings account for vet bills is a great idea. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Besides getting to choose your vet, you also get a little interest on your money when you don't have to use it. I started doing that years ago when the comprehensive insurance on my 66 Mustang got so expensive that I would have paid as much for insurance in 2 1/2 years as I paid for the car :shocked: I put money in CD to cover if anything happened. I haven't had to use it since I put it in 8 years ago and it's grown considerably. :banana: :hearts: :banana:

catstamm
09-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Sounds like a great idea ...all the way around!!!! Royal Canin isn't that great of food anyway....JMAO

Tex
09-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Sounds like a great idea ...all the way around!!!! Royal Canin isn't that great of food anyway....JMAO

That is one of many reasons I am DONE searching for this particular prescription dog food!!