PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Butters, Bug Killa

Anatresia
09-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Mr. Butters proved his worth again, with my favorite trick of his- the bug killing trick.

He had a rough night. We bathed him and then I put liquid bandaid on his cut nose (which he did NOT appreciate at all.) When we finally settled down, he was freaking out, jumping around and digging under the coffee table. I'm like, :wtf: is in that liquid bandaid? Did he lick it? Is he high?

Well, then a millipede or centipede (I don't know how you tell the difference without counting legs) crawls out super fast. As I was sitting on the floor, I screamed and jumped about 5 feet in the air. Mr. Butters is on the prowl trying to grab it. It hides. Paul and I are like, "OMG- where is that thing???" and I can't calm down. About ten minutes later, it crawls out and darts across the floor.

Mr. B takes off after it. Swats it with his paws, then in for the kill. I say, "Kill it!" and he chomps down, spits it out. Repeatedly, til it's dead.

I :hearts: my little man of the house. (My hubby, btw, always pretends to kill bugs, but is too chicken to do so. He grabs at a spider with a tissue and misses 90% of the time. My big, weightlifter, manly man husband- arachnophobe.)

Goob
09-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Butter's Bug Buster - could be his new business name. Watch out Tres, he might send you a bill for his services!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

quavec
09-27-2006, 05:35 PM
You go Mr. B!

Cricket pounces on them till they are dead. I haven't let him outside much right now because of all the spiders. Last weekend I killed 3 black widows and about 4 brown recluses. I think they are all gone now but my not so little bug killer can't tell the difference between a harmless (are any really harmless?) and not so harmless spider.

Anatresia
09-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Carrol- I could NOT live where you live! (Although, if I had to see spiders all the time, I probably wouldn't be so scared of them!)

oceangirls
09-27-2006, 08:40 PM
One of those multi-leg insects (DH says the millipede) secretes some horrible-smelling compound in self-defense - was it one of those? :shocked: :faint:

Butters is a good boy! I need a Bug Killa!!! A cockroach crawled out from under the refrigerator last week and started running directly at me and the girls - I am screaming and they are not even paying attention. I had to kill the freaking thing myself before it swallowed Cassie.

DH will kill bugs for me, but does not have my same sense of urgency (i.e., please kill it before it kills us OR disappears back from whence it came so it can stage another sneak attack on me later).

Otto'sMom
09-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Carrol- I could NOT live where you live! (Although, if I had to see spiders all the time, I probably wouldn't be so scared of them!)

I DO live where she lives! Thank CAT (rather than DOG) I have 10 cats who regularly leave the curled up corpses of LARGE spiders on the floor for me. I very rarely see a live bug in the house. They come out at night, and the spiders never see the light of dawn.

Patt
09-28-2006, 02:52 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: for Mr. Butters.

None of my FurKids are into killing bugs. They do occasionally bring home snakes. We have also have black widows :shocked:

Tex
09-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Butter's Bug Buster - could be his new business name. Watch out Tres, he might send you a bill for his services!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I like that name!!!! Way to go Mr. B!!!

blueyezz74
09-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Go Butters Go!

Harley is my pro at the bug killing. I think he's teaching Max the tricks of the trade because he's the one that goes after everything now except for this huge spider last weekend. Neither over them went near it. I guess they were confused because I was trying to corner it while calling for my husband to come kill it. That's what husbands are for, right??? :scratch:

Bella's Mom
09-29-2006, 02:52 PM
(My hubby, btw, always pretends to kill bugs, but is too chicken to do so. He grabs at a spider with a tissue and misses 90% of the time. My big, weightlifter, manly man husband- arachnophobe.)
OMG! DH is the same way! He's served overseas in two wars, a weapons expert, self proclaimed ass kicker but see him kill a bug - hilarious!! :rotfl:

BTW - GO BUTTERS!!! You protect da momma! :cheer2: