PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Update

Bella's Mom
09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Well...our crazy little guy is still a mess but he improves a little each day. His housetraining is hit or miss but then again he's a puppy AND a dacshie!:rolleyes: He is getting used to grass and has pottied out there a few times but still prefers mommy's new, berber carpet. :shocked: We made his pen area smaller and he's hitting the wee pad more, but still prefers to poop on the carpet.:faint: His bowel movements are still hard to pin down. He holds it 1 to 2 hours after eating so we're trying to figure it out. I can't believe he holds it that long. I'm going to introduce pumpkin but wanted to wait until we get the all clear, healthwise, from the vet (we go Saturday morning). We still take him outside every hour until bedtime (and then every 2-3 hours) just to get him used to grass = poop/pee. Most of the time he manages to hold it until he's back inside. :duh: It hasn't helped that it's been cold and rainy here either. He's getting adventurous and he and Bella are playing well together (supervised of course). She tends to get a little rough at times and love to lay on top of him. :scratch: That's our girl... Cooper is spending more time in his crate at night without going ballistic and crying and barking until he's sick. We'll take the 2-3 hours of quiet! :banana: Yes, he still freaks out when he's in the pen but is a little calmer. He and Bella spend alot of time playing on the floor together. The whole "A tired puppy is a good puppy" thing. When you consider he's only been in this world 9 weeks I think he's doing pretty good. Yes, we're tired but he has permanently inserted himself into our hearts and I think with time, guidance, training and patience he will become a happy, secure, and housetrained little guy! :please: Then...Bella can boss him around too! :rotfl:

jenfer
09-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Sounds like everything is on track. :) Just remember to have lots of patient and :goodluck: and we'd like to see more pictures. :D

blueyezz74
09-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a good improvement!!!! :cheer2:

Peteys Mom
09-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Way to go Cooper and Bella!!! :appl: :appl: Sounds like Cooper is off to a great start and Bella is being a good big sister. By the way, Cooper is a doll...I saw his pics earlier and just didn't have a chance to leave a comment. He is a heartbreaker! :hearts: :hearts: to Cooper

Tex
09-28-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm glad to hear that Cooper is settling in well. And remember, he isn't called "Cooper the pooper" for nuthin'!!!

samandissy
09-28-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm glad to hear that Cooper is settling in well. And remember, he isn't called "Cooper the pooper" for nuthin'!!!

That's funny Gymmie. If I were a little boy puppy, I would want Bella as a big sister. Lucky little guy.

lizzieb38
09-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Glad he's settling in with his new big sis. Just remember, he is a pup, and he will get used to the potty schedule. Just be sure to put him out every couple hours. I'm havin a couple lil issuses with Clover pottying in the house, but I know we will get them straightened out. We're doing a little better every day.
Just absolutely loved the pics of Cooper the pooper---:pray: Please post more!!

Bella's Mom
09-29-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm glad to hear that Cooper is settling in well. And remember, he isn't called "Cooper the pooper" for nuthin'!!! Yep, that's our Pooper er I mean Cooper. :rotfl:

Bella's Mom
09-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Just absolutely loved the pics of Cooper the pooper---:pray: Please post more!!I'll be posting more this weekend. It's been so hectic and he is now another week older today (9 weeks). I need to take some today and get them uploaded.:hula1: