PDA

View Full Version : YES...Bad Dog

Peteys Mom
09-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Ok I don't know if Petey is just being his normal puppy self or if I've gotten spoiled to Chief's more calm, mature ways....but Petey has been sooooo mischievous this week :evilgrin:

Tuesday I put both boys in their crates when I left home after lunch..as I do every day. Well, apparently I did not shut Petey's crate well....when I got home my son met me at the door and said "I left everything just like I found it"--not a good sign :shocked: Petey, in all his 10 lb muscle-bound glory, literally busted his way out of his crate. The metal door was lying in the floor in front of the crate...and Mr. Petey was prancing around happy as could be. I have no idea how long he'd been loose...but he did manage to find the bathroom trash can ( I usually shut the bathroom door if the boys are not crated and I'm not home). Yes, there was shredded toilet paper and various other gnarly nasties alllll over the house, and Petey obviously ingested quite a bit of paper, according to the poop we're seeing now. He had also gone through the dirty clothes basket, which I also NEVER leave unattended with the dogs, and he had carefully chosen exactly three pairs of dirty panties to take to the living room and nest in. Nothing else...just panties :krazy:

Then yesterday when I went home at lunch ( I leave them gated in the kitchen and living room for the morning hours ) the boys must have joined forces to throw their nosy little bodies against my sons bedroom door until it opened. I found the remote control to his TV in the living room floor...with the back cover gone...and a chewed battery...and a MISSING battery :faint: I finally found the other battery under the rocking chair, so we avoided a trip to the vet's for x-rays :bounce2:

Have I mentioned that I would HIGHLY recommend adopting an older dog over getting a cute little puppy???????? Good thing he's so darn cute :happy5:

Frzframe
09-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Okay first off :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've come home to a foster or two running free when I swore I put them some place safe. :scratch: That's when I learned real quick to test the crate doors, not leave anyone in the small bathroom with a babygate up nor in an xpen. :shocked:

lotsadox
09-28-2006, 05:23 PM
When I have a new dog, I usually use a clip to 'lock' the crate door to avoid that from happening. You know what the saying is in the dog training world . . . . when you have a mess because the dog was loose in the house for any reason, take a rolled up newspaper and smack yourself in the head for allowing it to happen. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

phoria2
09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
I can just imagine the scene at home!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :shocked: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whenever mine do something obnoxious like that, I find it sort of cute. :duh:

They look so proud of the incredible mess they've made! Like tearing up paper and rooting out in the the living room undrewear was a competitve sport. I can't help but smile at the satified faces :rolleyes:

They can't fathom why I am always picking up pieces of sticks they bring into the house to destroy. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tex
09-28-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: !

Glad the Petey didn't ingest anything too dangerous!!! *thanking doG that my two don't chew stuff*

(great, now I've jinxed myself, I just know it)

lizzieb38
09-28-2006, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=xgymnst]I'm sorry, but I have to :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: !

Glad the Petey didn't ingest anything too dangerous!!![QUOTE]
:ditto: :ditto: Assume it was your pantaloons that were in the middle of the livingroom floor. My ex-sister in laws dog used to get in her dirty clothes hamper, and eat the crotch out of her under-roos!!!!:duh: :duh: :rotfl: :rotfl: I know not really funny and really gross, but ya gotta:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bella's Mom
09-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Totally understand!! :hug99: :rotfl: You never know what you're going to come home to...