PDA

View Full Version : Xena has gone down...rayz needed!!

Alex's Mom
10-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Charlotte (aka wienermom) just e-mailed me that her little wirehaired girl Xena went down this morning and is at the Atlantic Vet College as we speak having a mylogram done. What happens after that will depend on what they find. But please send them both some of those magical DLC rayz...they really do seem to work!!!! I'll keep you updated.

catstamm
10-03-2006, 10:45 AM
OmG.....so sorry to hear that....Katie's dog, blue, went down on Sunday too.....I wish breeders had to licensed and thier dogs DNA tested arg!!!!
Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :hug99: :hug99: :pray: :pray:

quavec
10-03-2006, 11:02 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Xena and :hug99: for a worried mom!

Frzframe
10-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh no!!! Many :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: on their way. :hug99: 's for Charlotte.

Hopefully they'll be able to treat her with crate rest and meds.

samandissy
10-03-2006, 11:05 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :pray: :pray: :pray: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :pray: :pray: :pray: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

for Xena and Blue...

JanUet
10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
OMG! Sending Mega Magical DLC :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: :pray: :pray: for Xena and Blue!

:bighug: :bighug: to the worried Mommies

Alex's Mom
10-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Just got word from Charlotte... Xena has gone into surgery. She has a protruded disc between L3& L4, possibly swelling above the L4 - or could be another protusion. They will know more when they are in there. Her left side is the worse, she is able to use her right side - very good news. The Dr. assisting the surgeon gave me encouraging news - of any of the dachshunds she has assisted in surgery, Xena is in the best clinical position for recovery.

I'm not a praying kinda guy, but I'm sending :pray: :pray: and a ton of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: that the little girl comes out of this OK. She was surrendered to CDR about a year ago, and Charlotte adopted her, seriously failing fostering 101! All dachsies are special, but little Xena is particularly so...she has such wise eyes, and is just the most loving little thing. :hug99::hug99: my friend, I just wish I could be there with you while you wait.

Frzframe
10-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Hope she makes it through and has a speedy recovery. :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

quavec
10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Let's amp up the surgery :pray: and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Xena!

Thanks for the update!

Rae
10-03-2006, 11:49 AM
:bigrayz: for our little warrior princess and her worried mommy.

Lisa
10-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Sending oodles of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: ers and :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to Xena and Charlotte

Please keep us posted Paula.

HotDogMama
10-03-2006, 12:14 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: lots of rays!!

Tex
10-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Oh sending tons and tons of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: !!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of :pray: that surgery goes well and everything will work out!!!!!

Back :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Blue too, Cat!!!!!!

Teddysmom
10-03-2006, 12:58 PM
OMGosh!!! Sending tons and tons of magical DLC :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Xena and Blue; and plenty of :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for their mommies. Also keeping them both in my :pray: ers tonight. :pray: ing that Xena's surgery come off without a hitch!

oceangirls
10-03-2006, 01:07 PM
not our pretty little Xena :( !! Lots of rayz for her and Charlotte - please keep us updated!

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :hearts:

Jen
10-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Xena and a :bighug: for her worried mom! Sounds like she's getting excellent care. We'll be eagerly awaiting an update!

blueyezz74
10-03-2006, 01:31 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

I dread the day this happens to me. Hopefully it never does.

lizzieb38
10-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Sending a kazillion:pray: :pray: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Xena and Blue. :pray: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hearts: :hearts: for their moms.

Alex's Mom
10-03-2006, 02:26 PM
This from Charlotte:

Pls. thank everyone for their prayers, it means a lot to me.

Just spoke with the attending surgeon Dr. Agnar (she assisted in the
surgery), Xena is resting comfortably - heavily medicated. The disc
had ruptured, a lot of disc debris was cleaned out. She will be in ICU
for the next 48 hours on lots of pain meds, as they want her comfortable
and they will re-evaluate her on Thursday, to see about her
bladder/bowel, nurological functions, etc. THen the healing process
will begin. I am going to ICU at 6:00 tonight to see her & take some of her own food in, as they don't carry it there.

So far, so good! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :crossfin:

Bella's Mom
10-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Sending lots of recovery :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Xena's way!

areese
10-03-2006, 03:13 PM
mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for succesfull surgery and quick and total recovery!

Lee Anne
10-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Poor precious girl..... :pray: for a full recovery!!

lotsadox
10-03-2006, 04:46 PM
OMG Sending tons of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Please keep us updated.

Patt
10-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Sending tons of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a complete recovery for Zena. :pray:
Many :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for Charlotte.

Otto'sMom
10-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Throwing Austie's Invincibility rayz:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Xena.

Wiener Mom
10-04-2006, 07:47 AM
O my gosh! Paula told me about the prayers and good wishes, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. The love and support we have received from the "dachshsund community" has been overwhelming. I cannot thank Paula and Kim (my cohorst in rescue here on the East Coast) for their love and support; without them yesterday would have been unbearable.

Our little Warrior Princess is recovering beautifully in ICU. My daughter & I went in for visitation last evening (to deliver a very special Bo-Bo!) - I had to chuckle at the "pussed off" look on that little face - for "Mama leaving her in that bad place" - lol! I was prepared to see the worst & was surprised how good she looked. She was peacefully snuggled in warm, soft blankies, little paw wrapped to secure her IV & resting comfortably on a bed of lambs wool! She even tried to get up, but with some gentle coaxing & petting, she soon succombed to the recently given pain medication & was sleeping soundly.

She will remain in ICU today, I will call this morning to see how her night was, as they had planned to feed her before bedtime. Tomorrow they will assess her, to see if her motor skills or bowel/bladder functions sustained any trama during surgery. Most of the symptoms seem to surface on her right side, she still had the ability to stand on her left rear leg, which is a good sign. Not to get my hopes up, but they said they is a possiblity she may come home tomorrow, but that will depend on the assessment.

So, that my dear friends is an update for now. The drs. could not stress strongly enough the contributing factor of getting Xena there so quickly. An xray the day before failed to show any disc rupture, but yesterday morning we knew we were in trouble & she was in distress.

Pls. keep those wonderful prayers and good wishes coming - they are definately working.

Love to you all.

Charlotte :hearts:

Lisa
10-04-2006, 08:02 AM
That all sounds really positive Charlotte!! Continued :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the Warrior Princess.

You also might want to look at Dodger's List (www.dodgerslist.com) they might have some tips and advice for when you bring Xena home.

LUVMYGUNNER
10-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Here are more rays :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for this little cutie.

Wiener Mom
10-04-2006, 08:41 AM
More Wonderful News!!! Just spoke to the attending - Xena is peeing on her own AND has deep pain sensation in both back legs!!!!!!!! OMG!! I am so happy!!! Today is going to be a great day!

areese
10-04-2006, 09:06 AM
That is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

Tex
10-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Great news!!! :cheer2: Put a big 'ol stupid grin on my face when I read your update!!!! :D Contiuned healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: comin' atcha!!!!!!

Rae
10-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Great news!!! :cheer2: Put a big 'ol stupid grin on my face when I read your update!!!! :D Contiuned healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: comin' atcha!!!!!!
:ditto: what Gymmie said. It is odd to rejoice when a pup has deep pain , but that is one heckofa good sign. Way to go Charlotte for realizing "something is NOT right with my baby" and getting her to the vet (again) so quickly.

:bigrayz: for continued and complete recovery.

blueyezz74
10-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Great news!!!!

:cheer2: :banana: :hula1:

quavec
10-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Now THAT is some awesome news for any morning!

Lots of continued :pray: & :bigrayz:

laura
10-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Oh no! Sending:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a fast and easy recovery!

Patt
10-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the update. Sending more of the DLC magical :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for that sweet little girl. :hearts: