PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone is a RATTER!!

laura
10-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Picture this:

Last night around 1:30 am, I am awakened by this commotion in the bed and Tyrone is wailing. I awakened, panicked, turn on the light only to watch him LEAP off the bed and go howling around the house after a mouse! He has lost his mind an is determined to get it. Clark gets into the act and with hardwood floors, the clickity clack of toes trying to chase a mouse and the mouse jumping around all over the place is unreal! Finally Clark chases the mouse outside. ( I have opened the door in hopes it will run out).

commotion over, go back to bed.

3:00 am-Tyrone starts wailing again at the top of his lungs. I wake up, turn on the light again. Tyrone is screaming now. He has ANOTHER mouse cornered only this time HE GETS IT! I am creeped out now. He has shaken it, killed it and it proudly running through the house with it. I am in a startled daze...was that the same one stupidly coming back in? Or are there more in the bedroom?If so, HOW MANY MORE ARE THERE????

Now I have to figure out how to get the body out of his mouth. All the other dogs want the mouse and Tyrone won't give it up or let me near him. So I offer him a treat as he has to open his mouth to eat the treat. I have Todd waiting with bagged hand ready to grab it.

OK, that crisis is handled and we go back to bed, though I have visions of the bedroom being completly infested with mice. But then I think, no, the two were just a fluke. Or maybe it was the male looking for his lover. Who is now dead. Then I feel guilty. Finally get back to sleep.

This morning I find the spot where they are coming in...it is a small spot just next to the air conditioning vent. I have no idea how many more there are. I am creeped out yet I feel sorry for them.

But WAY TO GO TYRONE!!

areese
10-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh we have had a few of those screaming mousie nights here too! Way to go, TYrone!!!

Frzframe
10-03-2006, 08:08 PM
:cheer2: For Tyrone!!! :cheer2:

Can I borrow him for a little while as I have a mouse in my kitchen and although Mitzi loves to sniff for it she hasn't really got the right idea of what she's supposed to be looking for.:confused:

oceangirls
10-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Great story! (guess I should expect that from a published authoress - duh) Sounds like he did a good job! Although, dead mouse = ick :shocked:

lsudachs18
10-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Cali and I had been trying to catch/kill a mouse to more than two weeks. Finally, my husband caught it in a trap and let her have it for a few minutes bc she had worked so hard.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n190/lsudachs18/DSC00686.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n190/lsudachs18/DSC00686.jpg

catstamm
10-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Big T "the Hunter" ....woo hoo and yuck!!!!

lizzieb38
10-03-2006, 10:03 PM
OOGABOOGA!!!! Way to go T!!! Willie hasn't ever gotten one, but was hot on the tail of one that zipped thru the hole(plumbing) in my closet and back outside cuz of access under the bathtub. I've got my lovely Ace to catch the mousies. He's been catching them/birds outside all summer, and bringing them into me!!!:duh: :duh:

Otto'sMom
10-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Way to GO TYRONE THE MIGHTY MOUSE HUNTER, and Cali too! :cheer2: :cheer2: Those little critters sent out a memo around these parts about my house. They wouldn't stand a chance.

Tex
10-04-2006, 07:00 AM
:way2go: Tyrone! But next time, you gotta get it real quiet so your mama can get some sleep!

Lisa
10-04-2006, 07:11 AM
What a lovely way to be woken up. :yuck: Good for Big T! Hunter extraordinaire. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Bella's Mom
10-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Woo hoo! Go get 'em Tyrone!:cheer2:

Lee Anne
10-04-2006, 01:47 PM
How can you be afraid of being overrun with meeces when Big T is on the job? WOW! Senior citizen my arse! I'm just SOOOOO proud of him! :appl: