View Full Version : Alex's CheckUp

Alex's Mom
10-08-2006, 10:38 AM
I took Alex in for her check on Friday...a good news/bad news scenario. Her heart murmur is now a grade 5 (out of 6), so anaesthesia is out of the question. However, Laura took a real good look at her teeth and couldn't see any infection, although they definitely need cleaning!! So we're just going to continue to put her on the occasional course of antibiotics as a precautionary measure, keep giving her dentabones and using the oxyfresh, and hope for the best!! All of her other chronic stuff (liver, gall bladder, arthritis, tummy etc.) are chugging along, but no major changes *phew*. I totally chickened out of getting an X-ray done...we know her heart is enlarged (it was the size of a grapefruit a year ago), and her liver has spots etc. But it's been 4 years this month since her cancer surgery and quite frankly I'm scared to look :rolleyes:, since surgery of any kind is no longer an option. She's got a pretty good quality of life right now, so I'm just going to let old sleeping dogs lie until there's evidence to the contrary. :pray:

lotsadox
10-08-2006, 10:44 AM
I"m glad that there's no sign of infection in her teeth. With her heart murmur, I'd probably do the same about the x-ray. If you aren't going to be able to do anything about it if there is cancer, what's the point of even going to the expense and hassle of having the x-rays? :scratch: I had one with a bad heart murmur years ago and we just took what time we had wih her and enjoyed it. There wasn't going to be anything we could do about a lot of problems so we just hoped for the best. :crossfin:

catstamm
10-08-2006, 10:56 AM
ITA ....Glad to her she's chuggin along. Keep lovin her and that's all she needs :hearts: :hearts:

areese
10-08-2006, 11:39 AM
I would ahve done the same thing...
So glad she's doing ok!!

alfina
10-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Yeah, if they can't do anything about why do it. That's what I told UF doctors when they were proposing additional tests for Sofie.

Glad Alex is doing well.

lizzieb38
10-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Glad to hear my lil niece is doing okay. Just keep giving her lots of :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: . When she gets cold have her snuggle down in her blankie.

Tex
10-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Glad that she's feelin' good!!!! I would have done the same thing about the x-ray.

Patt
10-08-2006, 11:17 PM
It's good to hear she's doin' okay and has a good quality of life. :hearts: :hearts:

samandissy
10-08-2006, 11:23 PM
ITA with your decisions, I know they are hard to make, but if she is happy then let her enjoy her self without the medical tests, surgery, etc. Bless her heart and your heart, too.

Bella's Mom
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
ITA ....Glad to her she's chuggin along. Keep lovin her and that's all she needs :hearts: :hearts:
Couldn't have said it better!