PDA

View Full Version : Cooper-Dini Strikes Again!

Bella's Mom
10-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Yep, he escapted AGAIN!:shocked: I'm going to take Patt's advice and order the 42" high x-pen to see if that will help. He didn't have anything that he could climb on to get out so he had to have climbed the pen. sigh.... This little guy has been a true test of patience. We have to work so he is going to have to get used to it. He is being crate trained and sleeps in it at night now (of course we have to wear him out thoroughly before going to sleep). But we can't leave him in it during the day because we're gone to work and we want him to be able to use the wee pad (which he shredded again today - after he pooped on it :duh: and then proceeded to break out). :rotfl: I have to laugh, it's either that or cry. So until the new, higher pen arrives, he is going to be in the bathroom which I'm sure he will be thrilled over. :rolleyes:

K2
10-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Penny was an escape artist too. We used to leave her in the kitchen with a baby gate. One day, she's running all over the house~gate is still up. That was the end of that. We got two baby gates, a total of probably 4 feet high and had a plexiglass type covering so she couldn't climb it. When they want out~they find a way!! :)

lizzieb38
10-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Look on the bright side, he'll be sending you some more roses!:rotfl: :rotfl: :pray: :pray: :pray: That the "Pooper" gets into the routine, and grows up a wee bit.:hug99: :hug99: :hearts: :hearts: to you.

blueyezz74
10-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I had a little 2 lb baby yorkie climb out of a baby play pen. She also got over baby gates. We have no clue how. :scratch:

Patt
10-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Cooper is amazing. I hope the 42" x-pen is high enough. :D

Yolanda
10-11-2006, 06:19 AM
Take a look at the metal gate I have in the picture "Did I mention ..."

They are what I evetually hod to go to to stop escaps. Working so far.

Tex
10-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Take a look at the metal gate I have in the picture "Did I mention ..."

They are what I evetually hod to go to to stop escaps. Working so far.
With the exception of Cookie of course!!!:rotfl:
Good luck with the little escape artist and I hope your new pen solves the problem!!!!:banana:

Da Brat
10-11-2006, 10:17 AM
I thought I'd add that you can buy these things that are pee pad protectors. It's basically like a frame for the piddle pads so that dogs can't shred them. Might be a worthy investment in Coopers case!

Chris
10-11-2006, 10:28 AM
what about getting a much larger crate and making up one side with the pad and the other side bed and whatever else. he is too little to be able to hold it the whole time you are gone, but he is also to little to be trusted to left to his own devices just so he can get to the pad. This way he can't climb up over the side of it.

At night put him in his little crate, not in the big one. If you can you can even put his little crate in the big one with the pad in the big one. But that would take a huge crate.

If you have a tiny crate then the second option works well because he won't pee where he sleeps. and then he has enough room to go out and use the pad but not big enough to make it his huge own pivate romper room

I know that sounds like a wacky idea.

Bella's Mom
10-11-2006, 02:08 PM
I thought I'd add that you can buy these things that are pee pad protectors. It's basically like a frame for the piddle pads so that dogs can't shred them. Might be a worthy investment in Coopers case!
Oh yeah. We have them. He shred the inside to bits. Sometimes the frame is intact sometime not. :rolleyes:

Courtney
10-11-2006, 03:33 PM
I had the same problem as Yolanda and I've also found the metal gates like that aren't climbable. I have had a couple dogs jump it though.....

Da Brat
10-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah. We have them. He shred the inside to bits. Sometimes the frame is intact sometime not. :rolleyes:

They've also got some that have liek a grill type thing I think.. Let me do some research and I'll PM you with the info...

Mama S.
10-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I know this sounds silly but I put my guys in the bathtub - put a towel at one end. They couldn't climb out the sidesd were too slippery and any accidents got washed down the drain!
Mama

lotsadox
10-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I just remembered why I don't do puppies! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bella's Mom
10-12-2006, 11:03 AM
They've also got some that have liek a grill type thing I think.. Let me do some research and I'll PM you with the info...
Thanks Amanda! I would definitely appreciate it.

The bathroom location failed. He didn't escape but he pooped and had it smeared all over the floor, the walls, his bed... I think he pooped on the wee pad but his poops must've fell off when he proceeded to shred the pad and break apart the holder! Aaarrrggghhhh. :mad4: I've ordered rescue remedy as well to see if it will help. I've done everything they say to do for separation anxiety including lots of exercise before leaving. I think he sleeps for awhile and then has renewed energy to start his rampage. :faint: He's lucky he's cute!:rolleyes:

Patt
10-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I just remembered why I don't do puppies! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yeah, me too!! :lol: Cooper is definitely a handful. :hearts:

LUVMYGUNNER
10-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry but I had to laugh. the energy of pups-LOL They do get better. I know after Gunner I didn't want any more pups and he was good-but the energy-play, play,play. Then i got Petunia at 6 months and it wasn't bad.